Radio 4 in Portugal? (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Can anyone tell me please if they have been able to get radio four Long Wave in Portugal?

I am thinking of getting a small portable radio for this as our current one is DAB/FM only

Ta ::bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hmm……….just done a bit more web research……….looks like a NO :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Can anyone tell me please if they have been able to get radio four Long Wave in Portugal?

I am thinking of getting a small portable radio for this as our current one is DAB/FM only

Ta ::bigsmile:

No way with a small portable. You might just get a signal if you carry a seriously large amount of wire to rig up a aerial. You're not going to get even a quarter wave dipole with a wavelength of 1.5km, but any length you can achieve will help. Bring a compass and aim it at central England (well, 90 degrees off, anyhow). You'll need a decent receiver, too. No guarantees you'll get anything, though, although the Bay of Biscay will reduce losses, and the Atlantic/West Africa won't provide lots of parasitic signal in the other direction.

This is probably more practical for a permanent installation in a villa than taking the motorhome even assuming you can get anything at all.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I'll be interested if anyone comes up with a good portable radio with a high gain, we have the same problem getting Radio 4 in mid France. The van radio is good but not quite good enough. I would try to extend the aerial or add more wire, but its one of those stubby wedge things on the roof with no way into it.
Allan

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh Bu*g*r, internet radio it is then :whatthe::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!