LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
As we seen to spend at lot of time inside our van due partly to my wife’s disability we could do with a bit more room, so we have been looking around .

On our short list

Auto trail Arapaho (bigger Scout)

Auto trail Chieftain must have low back bed and extra seatbelts up front, there’s not many about with this config

What would you recommend, our Motor home requirements

MUST HAVE

At least four belted seats

At least four berth

More room than our scout

Possible fixed bed but must be low

Low height of lockers if possible

Tag axle

Good load allowance

Not longer than 29 foot

Not more than £35k

Right hand drive

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We have the Cheyenne 840d because we like the two settees one each fixed bed is a nice size and 3 litre engine plenty of power david fullers have couple in with single beds end bathroom don't know if this helps also there not far from you

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Would have to be my next van!
Euramobil 770 hb ,the one with the end lounge,fully winterised.Imagine a huge king size over cab bed,two lounges and a spacious bathroom!
It's everything an Autotrail should be.:winky:

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Euramobil 770 hb ,the one with the end lounge,fully winterised.Imagine a huge king size over cab bed,two lounges and a spacious bathroom!

Vlad

And we sat for ages in one of these at a dealers today, gorgeous, but then we came back to reality and kept on looking.

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years

Vlad

i looked at one last year and liked it alot. for me though the cab floor was too low and wasnt really incorporated into the front lounge. lovely van though and great quality

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
And we sat for ages in one of these at a dealers today, gorgeous, but then we came back to reality and kept on looking.

Broken Link Removed

whoo space, thats the final frontier, one more for our list, pity is over our buget:Angry:

I wonder:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
i looked at one last year and liked it alot. for me though the cab floor was too low and wasnt really incorporated into the front lounge. lovely van though and great quality

That's actually one of the things I liked about it,the cab in coachbuilts motorhomes is the Achilles heel,poorly insulated and cramped.Euramobil have got it spot on,an infill section between the seats to make a wraparound seating area and a good heavy curtain to stop the draughts.:thumb:

Vlad

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
whoo space, thats the final frontier, one more for our list, pity is over our buget:Angry:

I wonder:RollEyes:

Don't loose heart Scout,remember that's a dealer,seen loads of these in private adds less than your budget.

Vlad

Chudders

Free Member
Jan 17, 2009
Newquay, Cornwall
Funster No
Another vote for a Euramobil (but I would wouldn't I cause I've got on)
I have the same model as in the link provided by Armytwowheels. The rear lounge options are a bit rarer than the fixed bed which would probably be too high for your needs. However as there is a large dining are at front I have converted the rear lounge into a proper double bed (Not with the table provided) and lashed out on a 4ftX6ft 6ins proper mattress. I sleep across the van on it.
Other plusses, build quality, payload (about 1ton I think) 4 belted seats, 6 or poss. 7 berth. Loads of storage in the insulated double floor area. Loads of room. etc etc. Fully winterise even with 2 heating systems (one in cab area and main one in hab. area.
Minuses. Quite long (27 feet) Tag axle (extra tyres). Pay more abroad I believe for Tag axles on toll roads etc. Fuel economy. I get an average of 22mpg with the Fiat 2.8 JTD engine. Not the fastest of motorhomes.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back