Sango Sands Durness (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just had four nights up here at Sango Sands camp site in Durness, very generous owner does not close the site for winter, if you don't want electrics it is totally free, 16A electrics £7 night

Not sure when charges start to apply

One water tap on, low level waste disposal for grey and black water

The site overlooks the sea, dog friendly, not much open but that suits me, 2 small local shops open

We have just walked to Smoo Cave, apparently the largest entry sea cave in UK, and free to walk into, well worth the 2 mile round trip

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Any aroura ?

How are you getting on internet up there ?

No Aurora, it was always a long shot, saw a post yesterday where it has not even been seen in Sweden yet this year

I have a Vodafone dongle which gives fair signal, but opted for a pay as you go Highland Wifi option, unlimited use and really good download speed for £5 / day, bit pricey but only paying £7 for the pitch and having spent £200 for fuel to get here does it really matter?

From their web site looks like Highland Wifi have seen a market, they are covering about 20 isolated sites that don't offer wifi themselves, if you stay for a week or more it gets quite good value, if you lived near it is only £100 / year!! I think you can use it anywhere they operate, so pretty good if you were away for a few weeks, would cost about £30 / month from memory

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back