LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, Having fallen off numerous bikes and electric bikes over the last couple of years, I have 'nearly' talked Michael into buying an electric tricycle with a big basket on the back for Charlie. Now we have a garage there is no problem carrying a folding trike, so here's hoping!

My question is, does anyone have advice, recommendations etc before we take the plunge. We are at La Manga at the moment and I would like to join the bike rides a couple of times a week, plus it is a long way from K block to the beach bar!!

Ginny

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Ginny, funny you should mention them, I was watching an old bloke test riding one while Jane was having her hair done the other day. ::bigsmile:

He looked like he really enjoyed it, but the chap from the bike shop stopped smiling when he forgot about it being extra wide at the back and nearly raped it round a plant pot. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Hi, Having fallen off numerous bikes and electric bikes over the last couple of years, I have 'nearly' talked Michael into buying an electric tricycle with a big basket on the back for Charlie. Now we have a garage there is no problem carrying a folding trike, so here's hoping!

My question is, does anyone have advice, recommendations etc before we take the plunge. We are at La Manga at the moment and I would like to join the bike rides a couple of times a week, plus it is a long way from K block to the beach bar!!

Ginny

If you're gonna fall off a bike you may as well make it a good one.
:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This may sound daft, but if you already have an electric bike why not look to see if you could fit some stablisers on it? I'm sure a set of strong ones meant for a kiddies bike could be lengthened to fit - much cheaper and less bulky too.:thumb:

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
This may sound daft, but if you already have an electric bike why not look to see if you could fit some stabilizers on it? I'm sure a set of strong ones meant for a kiddies bike could be lengthened to fit - much cheaper and less bulky too.:thumb:

That's a good idea, but we sold my electric bike when I fell off at Marjal! Whilst we are away I really miss not being able to bike ride with Michael, and an electric tricycle with a basket on the back for Charlie would seem to be the ideal solution. When we were at Benicassim last year there was a dutch woman who had similar balance problems and she fitted stabilizers, they seemed to work but to be honest they looked really 'funny'.

A couple who have just left La Manga bought a folding electric tricycle from a bike shop in the next town, so we are going to have a good look and see what it is like.

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back