LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Just been told that South Yorkshire Caravans at Dinnington went into voluntary liquidation on the 10th January and appear to have been taken over by Marquis Motorhomes & Caravans. Has anyone else hear this ?

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I had an email from Marquis (I'm on their mailing list although I've never dealt with them) telling me about it. It's already up and running as a Marquis depot.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Not quite. South Yorkshire Motorhomes have gone into voluntary liquidation. South Yorkshire Caravans do not appear to be affected. I was down there on Wednesday and the previously empty motorhome sales area is now full motorhomess.

Edit: having read the link it would appear that they have taken over all the site although the notice on display just said South Yorkshire Motorhomes. We store our motorhome there so would have expected notification of the changes.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Your roving reporter here.
Just nipped over there to get all the latest news, which is as follows :-
South Yorkshire Caravans/Motorhomes went into liquidation in early January. Marquis have taken over caravan and motorhome sales, service, repairs and spares. The shop is already being knocked about and rejuvenated. All the signage has been blanked out and replaced with Marquis banners.
The storage facility remains an independent operation and is unchanged.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back