Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Two fishermen found dead on Whitby harbour boat

_72296419_2461791_922edda0.jpg

Police say two bodies have been found on a boat in Whitby
Two fishermen have been found dead on a boat in Whitby harbour.
Concerns were raised about the pair and the men's bodies were discovered in a vessel moored off Pier Road at 09:55 GMT on Wednesday.
A spokesman for North Yorkshire Police said their deaths were "unexplained but not suspicious".
The Health and Safety Executive and the Marine Accident Investigation Branch had been informed of the men's deaths, he added.
The two have yet to be formally identified, police said.

Other reports say the two fishermen had used their gas stove to keep warm.

Every year someone dies in a boat, camper or caravan after using the stove as a heater in a small unventilated space.:Sad:

The stove will not only give off carbon monoxide but will also use up all the oxygen.

KEEP SAFE - FIT A CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A warning to us all.
Don't take chances fit a Carbon Monoxide Alarm.
A small price to pay for your safety.
It could save your life.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
As soon as we heard of the incident I said to SWMBO that I bet it was carbon monoxide.
So far everything is pointing to it.
I'm afraid people take chances and only the survivors benefit from the knowledge of what it can do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I must admit that being a bit cash-strapped when we bought our MH, I scoured ebay to find a detector that did the job, at a price I could afford....:Sad:
At last, I saw a small handbook entitled 'Carbon Monoxide Detectors for the Cheapskate', priced at 35p, which I forked out for.
Really easy. As my wife could already whistle, it was just a matter of training her to fall backwards off a perch, whilst flapping her arms when she runs out of oxygen, giving me ample warning to get out fast. I know it works, because she NEVER normally runs out of oxygen...........::bigsmile::winky::winky:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Also, if I could take this opportunity, I think it's worth pointing out; carbon monoxide is CO NOT CO2. Be careful what you buy!

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I must admit that being a bit cash-strapped when we bought our MH, I scoured ebay to find a detector that did the job, at a price I could afford....:Sad:
At last, I saw a small handbook entitled 'Carbon Monoxide Detectors for the Cheapskate', priced at 35p, which I forked out for.
Really easy. As my wife could already whistle, it was just a matter of training her to fall backwards off a perch, whilst flapping her arms when she runs out of oxygen, giving me ample warning to get out fast. I know it works, because she NEVER normally runs out of oxygen...........::bigsmile::winky::winky:

I understand that humour is part of MH fun

But 2 people died yesterday and my post was a reminder of the danger of using cookers to heat vans/boats.................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I understand that humour is part of MH fun

But 2 people died yesterday and my post was a reminder of the danger of using cookers to heat vans/boats.................

I wont write big in my reply, it would be rude.

Really sorry, I didn't know that you knew these two people personally, however, did my humour detract from the message you were putting across? If anything, it probably highlighted it. Your warning about the dangers of Carbon Monoxide will, I'm sure, be well received and remembered by those reading your post, however, I cant for the life of me think to understand why you object to a little light relief being brought into the subject, unless you know something I dont??::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back