Always remember the height of your vehicle (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
:Eeek: Looks like he didn't live to tell the tale? :whatthe:

Thankfully John, he did....................

At approximately 3 PM, Tuesday, July 2, a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500, pulling a new travel trailer, hit the corner of the Texas State Bank Drive-In on Tenaha Street, causing the complete awning to come to the ground. Luckily, the driver of the Dodge, Mickey Miller, of Garrison and his 10 year old son were able to exit their vehicle uninjured.
According to Miller he was circling the bank to park on the other side when the corner of his travel trailer caught the corner of the bank awning. Next thing he heard was a rumble as the awning started falling against his driver's side door. Somehow he was able to unbuckle the seat beat and exit the other side of his truck as it was falling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Glad no-one was hurt but that would have been some insurance claim!!!!:cry:

Im amazed at how easily the canopy collapsed, just a good job no-one was using the cash machine at the time :Eeek:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We had a store man in France that went to the store on day in a High Roof VW transporter instead of his Astra Van. He drove straight through barrier and took the fiberglass roof off. Claimed he never knew about the barrier.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A Fun Scoop. Linda, you beat the BBC by 24 hours. They have just shown this clip on the news! ::bigsmile:

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
If my memory serves me right, you are required to display a height indicator in the cab if over 3 metres. It surprises me how many trucks I drive which don't. Not a good thing to have to guess.

des

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
A Fun Scoop. Linda, you beat the BBC by 24 hours. They have just shown this clip on the news! ::bigsmile:

It was actually sent to me by Email yesterday from one of our RV dealership contacts in Florida :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back