turinshroud

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
HORNCHURCH
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am considering purchasing a pair of guards for my motorhome's mirrors. It is an A class Rapido. I can only find guards for coachbuilt mirrrs. Anyone know a seller or am I looking for something that does not exist.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi and welcome. :thumb:

i think it may be a tall order as there as so many different A class mirrors. but we have a few Rapido members who may be able to help:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
look at commercial hgv mirror guards/deflectors

the plastic covers sold for coachbuilt vans are as expensive as a new mirror and doesnt stop the damage so pointless

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
look at commercial hgv mirror guards/deflectors

the plastic covers sold for coachbuilt vans are as expensive as a new mirror and doesnt stop the damage so pointless

The cost of a Ducato mirror nearside with the ( useless) radio aerial and electrics is a lot more than the cost of a protector.
The plastic on the mirrors are very thin...Im convinced that protectors help.

They are also white.........which is a darn sight more sensible than the standard black ones that are more difficult for oncoming drivers to see.

barry

Last edited:

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Not seen one for an A class todate .The mirror is expensive to replace but not convinced the covers will save the damage ,on the plus side i dont think the rapido mirror sticks out as far as some other models.
just measured mine 195mm from bodywork to outer edge of mirror.

Last edited:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
If you find any for your Rapido make sure they are made of ABS plastic, like the coach built type. ABS is a vandal resistant material used for many things in the public realm and is much stronger than the polyethylene type of plastic used for mirror bodies.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am considering purchasing a pair of guards for my motorhome's mirrors. It is an A class Rapido. I can only find guards for coachbuilt mirrrs. Anyone know a seller or am I looking for something that does not exist.

sorry there is no product of such for a mirror cover for an A class Rapido, the ones that you may have seen or heard of are specifically made for the coach build (Fiat Ducato cab), long arm or short arm's and has no relevance to who the Motorhome Manufacture is:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The cost of a Ducato mirror nearside with the ( useless) radio aerial and electrics is a lot more than the cost of a protector.
The plastic on the mirrors are very thin...Im convinced that protectors help.

They are also white.........which is a darn sight more sensible than the standard black ones that are more difficult for oncoming drivers to see.

barry

Spot on, as I just replaced my nearside mirror, the mirror arm broke away from the body during an argument with another truck mirror...cost...£212.00 (parts) the 'guards' which i transferred from my previous MH withstood the impact, only slightly marked they originally cost £112.00:Cool:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I got some dayglow yellow sticky back plastic and cut into 2inch wide strips and put them on my mirrors ,
OK they dont resist impact but you can see them from a long way away and it draws attention to them and the width of the van , cost about £5 , :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back