LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I need to get out with the van or I will go mad, kids, dogs, horses the wife errrrr! So any like-minded funsters know of a pub or what-ever that will take mh’s for this weekend (ish) so we can eat ,drink & chat about……anything. Iam in Newbury Berks so within 200 miles.
Steve

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Have a look at Keith's pub stopover sites, I use it a lot along with Britstop !!
Our local lets stopovers but we are a bit far away from you !
Google Ye Oldcrossgates pub at Ford Shropshire !

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Have you got the Brit Stops book? A good choice if you don't.
Anyway, I can recommend the Chestnut Horse in Easton, Winchester. www.thechestnuthorse.com
Or, Three Horse Shoes, Alton. www.threehorseshoesalton.co.uk

Both old fashioned type pubs, good food and log fires and motorhome parking
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
pub with campsite

Hi, if you Google - pubs with campsites, it should bring up ukcampsites web page. Look at the list of areas you may fancy, pretty much covers most areas, if you click on the area, it will list all the pubs in that area with camping facilities. There are usually plenty of reviews listed to give you an idea. Hope this helps, I use it all the time, its a great site.

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Try Chester, parking overnight in car park at the side of race course. £6 all day £1.50 for the night. we found it when we were at the Chester meet last year, its about a 5mins walk into centre. were going back soon.:thumb: Its about 180 miles from you

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
'Camping in the forest'
Poster hill (savernake) or setthorns (new forest)
Recommend both.

Paul

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hang on in there, Steve. Just be yourself and soon the wife, the horse, the kids, the dogs etc will leave home first......:roflmto: :winky:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just do what we do phone or email the pub and ask them if you can stay the night if you pop in for a pint or some food. Works all the time for us and stayed in some lovely locations for free

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hang on in there, Steve. Just be yourself and soon the wife, the horse, the kids, the dogs etc will leave home first......:roflmto: :winky:
Hello Joy, hope your doing good & happy new year.
They seem to like me being myself just a bit too much just what do you do to get your kids! 27, 23 & 20 to leave home and take the horses and dogs with them? I think it must be me suffering from that seasonal disorder thing, I hate these wet days (& nites) you just cant get and do things. hopefully catch up with you all soon, when is the first rally? I think I need to drink beer in a field somewhere with like minded people.:thumb:
Steve

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hello Joy, hope your doing good & happy new year.
[HI]They seem to like me being myself just a bit too much just what do you do to get your kids! 27, 23 & 20 to leave home and take the horses and dogs with them?[/HI] I think it must be me suffering from that seasonal disorder thing, I hate these wet days (& nites) you just cant get and do things. hopefully catch up with you all soon, when is the first rally? I think I need to drink beer in a field somewhere with like minded people.:thumb:
Steve

Buy them a free holiday
& Move while they are away:winky:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed over at a local Working Mens Club on Sunday night to see the turn and have a night out without having to drive home or worry about who was staying sober.

We often use our van for a short local trip and find a carpark to stop the night.

ASK You'd be surprised at how many pubs or clubs will accommodate you if you just ASK.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Put this on the DVD, will make you feel LOADS better!!! :winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM8Ss28zjcE"]Queen - I Want To Break Free (High Quality) - YouTube[/ame]

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
We stayed over at a local Working Mens Club on Sunday night to see the turn and have a night out without having to drive home or worry about who was staying sober.

We often use our van for a short local trip and find a carpark to stop the night.

ASK You'd be surprised at how many pubs or clubs will accommodate you if you just ASK.

Our local working Mens Club has a 5 van Site (And a rally field) but no EHU
near Stratford on Avon
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back