Any luck with double skillet lately? (2 Viewers)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Has anyone ordered and received a double skillet lately? Because of all the feedback about lack of response I decided to email them first before ordering to check they were still in business but I have had no reply in the last 5 months. I then decided to opt for the Remoska but Lakeland website now says they are a discontinued product!! If I can't get a double skillet or a remoska then what next? Should I just order the double skillet and be patient while I pray it eventually arrives? Any other gadgets on the horizon? :Doh:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
If you are on hook up buy a halogen oven. Double skillets are still available from D&F promotions,but they have relocated and are experiencing glitches in their internet etc.

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Remoska

Had a moan at Lakeland re their 'life long guarantee' and the Remoska recently purchased last year only to find after many years it is discontinued . . . why? The assistant told me something similar is due in February. Maybe worth a phone call or look on ebay as Remoska's are often listed! Good luck! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Double skillet was my first choice as we will be off hook-up a lot. It will be interesting to see what Lakeland have lined up as a replacement so I may hold back from getting anything yet although it looks like there may be some hope of getting the skillet still so I may bite the bullet and order one :thumb:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I just emailed Remoska and have received a prompt reply advising me the new Remoska will be available in Lakeland from February as advised by Bollard :Smile:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I ordered and received a double skillet in November last year.

Took 2 weeks from order to delivery.

Zero communication from them and I did chase with emails, but it was delivered within a reasonable timeframe and was well packaged.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I ordered and received a double skillet in November last year.

Took 2 weeks from order to delivery.

Zero communication from them and I did chase with emails, but it was delivered within a reasonable timeframe and was well packaged.

I think I'll take a chance and order one then as the double skillet is my first choice as I'll be able to use it on the gas or electric ring :thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, as already mentioned, a new Remoska is on the way at Lakeleand. And we asked at the Bristol store this morning and they thought it would arrive mid-February.

In any case, you can see a sneak photo of it, because it is on the cover of a new cookbook that is already available from Lakeland - if you click on the image it will enlarge. :thumb:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18852/Remoska-Cookbook

Oh, and just to say we had all the difficulty and delay buying our double skillet, which is OK - but we much prefer using the Remoska. Yes, it requires mains elec - but the current draw is so low (470 watts), we cook with it all the time in the kitchen at home to save electricity heating up our main oven. :winky:

Mike

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Hi,

I was a bit slow replying.

I wrote to them in November 2013 with no reply, but thought 'blow it' & ordered on 6 December 2013 paying by PayPal knowing I could get my cash back if need be.

To date there has been no skillet or other contact from them.

Your thread prompted me to email them & say if I did not get the skillet I would use the PayPal process for getting a refund.

From what I've read previously they do tend to be slow & it can be the PayPal process that prompts them to send the items.

We have no oven in our Hymer, already have a Remoska that is great when on hook-up, already have toasting contraption for the gas & wanted a skillet for when we are not hooked up.

I'll let you know what happens. I'm sure I saw them being demonstrated at Peterborough show last year but Mrs Roger thought it all looked a bit unhealthy to her so we didn't bother.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Why do people keep giving the skillet sellers the benefit of the doubt. They don't reply to emails, take weeks if not months to deliver and the excuse of moving and website glitches have been going on for over a year now.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Why do people keep giving the skillet sellers the benefit of the doubt. They don't reply to emails, take weeks if not months to deliver and the excuse of moving and website glitches have been going on for over a year now.

I agree entirely :shout:

However……………we have had ours in use since April last year and it is one of the BEST COOKING DEVICES EVER :shout:

We use ours to cook anything and everything and yes we do make bread in it too (especially French baguettes:Smile: ).

There is a step learning curve but once past that………………we would not be without one :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years

We're just born optimists!

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Is it not possible to get one from anywhere else, perhaps someone who knows how to run a business! :RollEyes:
I would buy one if I could ever get a response from them, if I'd run my business like that I'd still be working instead of sitting in the hotel bar in Switzerland :Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Hi,

I was a bit slow replying.

I wrote to them in November 2013 with no reply, but thought 'blow it' & ordered on 6 December 2013 paying by PayPal knowing I could get my cash back if need be.

To date there has been no skillet or other contact from them.

Your thread prompted me to email them & say if I did not get the skillet I would use the PayPal process for getting a refund.

From what I've read previously they do tend to be slow & it can be the PayPal process that prompts them to send the items.

We have no oven in our Hymer, already have a Remoska that is great when on hook-up, already have toasting contraption for the gas & wanted a skillet for when we are not hooked up.

I'll let you know what happens. I'm sure I saw them being demonstrated at Peterborough show last year but Mrs Roger thought it all looked a bit unhealthy to her so we didn't bother.

I might pre-empt this then and email in a week just to nudge them along :ROFLMAO: Let us know if you get yours :thumb:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Is it not possible to get one from anywhere else, perhaps someone who knows how to run a business! :RollEyes:
I would buy one if I could ever get a response from them, if I'd run my business like that I'd still be working instead of sitting in the hotel bar in Switzerland :Smile:

I have tried to find them elsewhere to no avail so I emailed D & F Promotions and asked if they would like to sell the business and I would taker over supplying the skillets but surprisingly I didn't hear back from them :ROFLMAO:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I can just imagine the thread on here if such service was given by a motorhome dealer.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I have one of the large size if anyone wants to make an offer. Don't forget the postage. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
They are/were made in the Midlands,some one contacted them for similar versions and they were not forthcoming,she must have them on a tight contract.
It she is not able to fulfill orders perhaps it is time to move it on.
BTW I have had a skillet for over 20 years,and use it for everything,we also have the egg poacher!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Please what is this double skillet my new van has no oven and I had almost decided on a cadac (think that's right spelling) .

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
From the wbsite http://www.doubleskillet.com/

Described as a mini oven, the Double Skillet is in fact much more. The two non-stick pans combined with a heat resistant glass lid will cook almost anything from a simple breakfast to a full roast complete with roast potatoes and veg. In fact the Double Skillet is ideal for boiling, frying, curries, toasted sandwiches, chips, jacket potatoes, cakes, pies, pasties, pizzas, pancakes and scones to name but a few.

The Double Skillet is designed specifically for use in caravans, motorhomes and boats, and will fit comfortably on the hobs as well as being compact enough to store easily. The detachable handles not only help storage but enable them to be used within a conventional oven if needed.

The two pans can be used separately, clipped together as a mini oven or layered one above the other which is ideal for cooking meat or fish in the lower pan while the upper pan cooks or steams the vegetables.
To accommodate limited space, cooking for two or for a family, there are two sizes available, 8″ and 9½”. The easy clean pans only need a short soak in warm soapy water while the need for only minimal heat provides economy and efficiency.

Attachments

• skilletlarge.jpg
    skilletlarge.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back