New File Added: Truck Satnav POI Files (1 Viewer)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Downloads: A new file has been added by lunarman:

Broken Link Removed

These are the KML Files for adding the POIs to the Truck Satnav.

for the following:

ACSI card 2014
The 2014 Bordatlas
2013 version of CCI french Aires
2014 version of Archies Campings

Copy the .KML files to the pimo/content/userdata/poi subdirectory
Copy the .bmp files to the primo/content/userdata/usericon subdirectory

When the unit is restarted the poi will be converted to the correct format.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
For me potentially a real bonus, Thank you.

BUT !

Can you take me by the hand and lead me gently along the path that I need to, so that even I can install your splendid endeavours. Don't roll your eyes ! A step by step, please if you can muster the patience. :winky:

eg. do I need to ditch some maps to make room etc. etc. Is it drag and drop, or copy and paste etc etc.

:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I hope these instructions are ok:

Download the file from the download area of the fun site. This is a zipped file and needs to be extracted. Do this with "computer" on the PC once extracted this will create a director "POI files" on the pc. This contains 4 subdirectories, one for each category of POI, each sub directory contains a .kml file (the pois) and a .bmp file (the icon shown on the map). In the case of the Aires subdirector it has 5 bmp files all of these are required.

Connect your sat nav to the PC, it should appear as 2 removable drives 1 the internal memory and the other the micro sd card (tf) in the unit. You need the internal memory drive.

You will find a directory marked PRIMO

navigate through the subdirectories Content - Userdata.

In the userdata directory there are 2 sub directories POI and Usericon.

in the POI directory you put the .kml file from the extracted download

In the usericon directory you put the .bmp files from the extracted download.

Just drag and drop from the pc to the sat nav.

once you have copied the pois you want to the satnav remove it from the pc and restart it. The sat nav will convert the kml files into the files required.

You will find the pois in the sat nav under "custom search" in "find places"

I hope this is clear if not let me know.

Best of luck

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
John
You are a gem, a bright shiny one, (That's a biggie from a bootneck to a matelot )thank you I will have a go and let you know if all goes well.

:thumb::thumb:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
John, In my one I go from "content" into a page with a load of folders , not one as userdata. One of these is a subfolder POI, I have got your .kml files into that folder along with all the pre existing poi files.
I can't find a folder "usericon" to drop the icons into !!

I have tried disconnecting and restarting, nothing unusual occurs and when doing a search there are none of the new poi's. I have set in a route and looked for places along route, nothing extra !

Have we got different models or is it because I am using windows 7 to do this with. Also I have not done an update from naviextras that it occasionally tells me I should do. Another nightmare awaiting. It is actually working relatively fine, maybe when there is a mohofun meet there may/should be a Chinese satnav seminar and we can update as a group ? :roflmto:

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Sat Nav

Hi there, I notice you refer to Naviextra, isn't that the Pioneer system. I have a new F130 unit that I am learning to use. The 'user' poi's are a bit tricky to find if you want to delete previous. I'll be having a go at using these new files over the next couple of days.

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Sorry there is a small omission from the instructions. As Moodybrook has pointed out the delivered system does not have the Userdata directory. You need to create this along with the poi and usericon subdirectories before you can copy the files to the unit.

John

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
John, In my one I go from "content" into a page with a load of folders , not one as userdata. One of these is a subfolder POI, I have got your .kml files into that folder along with all the pre existing poi files.
I can't find a folder "usericon" to drop the icons into !!

I have tried disconnecting and restarting, nothing unusual occurs and when doing a search there are none of the new poi's. I have set in a route and looked for places along route, nothing extra !

Have we got different models or is it because I am using windows 7 to do this with. Also I have not done an update from naviextras that it occasionally tells me I should do. Another nightmare awaiting. [[HI]HI]It is actually working relatively fine, maybe when there is a mohofun meet there may/should be a Chinese satnav seminar and we can update as a group ? :roflmto:[/HI]
[/HI]

I appear to be a complete Luddite/idiot when it comes to this technology. I have purchased one of these bits of kit, & cannot understand what is happening. I have downloaded (I think) the UK Maps to my computer, but I have no idea what to do next. I am running windows 8 on a new laptop, & don`t understand that too well either.
The GPS unit seems to be a smart piece of kit, but the instructions and downloads have left me completely bewildered, nay, baffled.
A face to face with a fellow Funster who can explain what to do to get it set up would be very welcome, as jargon and on screen instructions are not understood by my old brain, what`s left of it.

All help and suggestions gratefully received

David

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Have been toying with buying one of these for weeks now but the problems with adding POI's is putting me off, also has anyone maneged to do a map update yet & how easy was it?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry there is a small omission from the instructions. As Moodybrook has pointed out the delivered system does not have the Userdata directory. You need to create this along with the poi and usericon subdirectories before you can copy the files to the unit.

John

Brilliant John. Thanks very much.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Have been toying with buying one of these for weeks now but the problems with adding POI's is putting me off, also has anyone maneged to do a map update yet & how easy was it?

I received my unit yesterday afternoon so haven't played with it much so far but updating the map last night was easy.

Following the instructions from John (Lunarman) above I've just added my old set of Motorhome Parking PoIs and successfully navigated to one.

We obviously haven't used it on the road yet but so far it is looking as though it does what it says it does.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I received my unit yesterday afternoon so haven't played with it much so far but updating the map last night was easy.

Following the instructions from John (Lunarman) above I've just added my old set of Motorhome Parking PoIs and successfully navigated to one.

We obviously haven't used it on the road yet but so far it is looking as though it does what it says it does.

I hope you've added some French POIs too:thumb:

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies

John

Ok John, how do we create these directories, :thumb::thumb: assuming I can follow you. You are doing great job up to now. :Smile:

Actually I entered a French route into the satnav, Calais to Dijon - had a look for Parking I think it was and there were Aires coming up. I am assuming they would not have been there before entering your .kml files into the POI folder that I found ?

The logos for Archies and that were not on the map, I didn't expect them, as discussed I couldn't find where to put them.

I/we await part two. :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Moodybrook,

with you satnav plugged into your computer open my computer and navigate to the primo directory so that you can see the list of sub directories.

Put the cursor on the content directory and press the right click on your mouse.

A box will open with a number of options near the bottom will be the word "new" hover the cursor over that and additional box will appear put the cursor over the word folder and click the left hand mouse button.

The content directory will expand with a box with newfolder highlighted in blue over type "newfolder" with user data press enter.

Now select the newly created "userdata" folder and create the poi and usericon folders on it using the same process.

You should now have the directories you need.

The aires that you already see are not those from my poi files but those that are put on there as standard on the satnav.

If you have a problem with this PM me.

John

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Bingo, full house, thank you John :thumb:

As I set off on my appointed route, then these Aires etc will appear at the side of the road or on the horizon somewhere ? The satnav screen of course !

Or 1. Do I pull over and do a local search to find one ?
2. Do I before I set off, select an aire and navigate to it, letting the satnav do the nagging instead of resident co pilot ?

REMEMBER I am still in nappies so be gentle ! :roflmto:

This is open to all Satnav buffs

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
B
As I set off on my appointed route, then these Aires etc will appear at the side of the road or on the horizon somewhere ? The satnav screen of course !

Or 1. Do I pull over and do a local search to find one ?
2. Do I before I set off, select an aire and navigate to it, letting the satnav do the nagging instead of resident co pilot ?

To get the points to show on the map as you travel you need to set them in the satnav

From the "Navigation Menu" select "More" then "Settings" in the settings menu find "Map Settings" then find "Place Markers" select each category of marker you want to appear on the screen. :thumb:

Easy innit

John

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
yep Dunnit ! well done ! For anyone else reading this thread, if I can do it, anyone can !! :roflmto:

However He doesn't realise yet that I want him to do a walk thro for updating maps. :ROFLMAO:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Be gentle with him. John has been imensely helpful to Funsters, including myself.
Thank you John, much appreciated. :thumb:

Wyn

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Has anyone tried something like this to convert POIs from other sources - such as old sat navs or download sites into .KML?

http://www.gps-data-team.com/convert.php

I have several hundred that I have accumulated over the years that have worked well on my old Garmin and I hope that they will transfer to the new satnav.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
After the way GPS Data Team stole my PoI set a few years ago I wouldn't trust them as far as I can see them (and they're in Australia).

I use POIConverter by Richard Davies. Easy to install and use. I used the program yesterday to convert all the POI sets I use for use on the new device.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Auto Cad, Photoshop no problem. Downloading poi's has beaten me. Running Vista, does this make any difference?

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
No it makes no difference - I'm running vista

john

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Put the cursor on the content directory and press the right click on your mouse.
A box will open with a number of options near the bottom will be the word "new" hover the cursor over that and additional box will appear put the cursor over the word folder and click the left hand mouse button.
When I do this, I get "Explore" with various options, but not "New". Repeated closing and re-clicking eventually brings up the "New" option.

The content directory will expand with a box with newfolder highlighted in blue over type "newfolder" with user data press enter.

Now select the newly created "userdata" folder and create the poi and usericon folders on it using the same process.
The new folders appear as folders in their own right, not as sub-folders of "userdata". Is this as it should be?
I have tried dragging the files to the Satnav but nothing appears there.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Just had this delivered tonight. I'm looking at putting the camping and caravanning club sites and caravan club sites on it. All the cl and cs . Do these files contain that or has anyone else got the converted files already
Please

OP
OP
lunarman

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp