Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I own a N+B Arto! On a recent journey to Inverness in torrential rain my windscreen developed a quite serious leak. Called a windscreen firm (Not Autoglass) to have the windscreen resealed and he suggested that windscreens should be resealed every couple of years or so.

Has anyone any experience of leaking windscreens and/or having them resealed?

Norman

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Not for many years. Then, it was a perished seal that was the problem. Every couple of years seems a bit excessive.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i thought that the n&b had a bonded screen so sealed for life or until it needs replacing anyway. otherwise a rubber sealed windscreen should have the rubbers cleaned and inspected periodically to watch for perishing. should be good for 20+ years though

maybe he meant his temporary repair would need doing again in 2 years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hello.
From experience only with lorries,first if it is a sealant job and not a bonding method,it has to be BONE dry,so let it have a few days to dry out,then,in a MILLION to one cases,the motorhome,coach built shell may have just twisted in use over a period of time,so the windscreen,although in and water tight,could be under a certain amount of stress and crack.BUT,this is only a million to one chance but if yours does crack,Question.Million to one ?........ Now when ever did you kill a magpie ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
i thought that the n&b had a bonded screen so sealed for life or until it needs replacing anyway. otherwise a rubber sealed windscreen should have the rubbers cleaned and inspected periodically to watch for perishing. should be good for 20+ years though

maybe he meant his temporary repair would need doing again in 2 years

Newer windscreens are bonded, but older versions like mine were sealed. Bonded windscreen are easier ti fit at the factory but more difficult to replace afterwards.

Norman

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I had a Ford under warranty & the dealer tried to reseal the screen three times & it still leaked! I used http://www.captaintolley.com/ on it & fixed it straight off. Used it on loads of things since.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I own a N+B Arto! On a recent journey to Inverness in torrential rain my windscreen developed a quite serious leak. Called a windscreen firm (Not Autoglass) to have the windscreen resealed and he suggested that windscreens should be resealed every couple of years or so.

Has anyone any experience of leaking windscreens and/or having them resealed?

Norman

Hi Norman

After having out Flair windscreen replaced it was leaking in a between the the body and the rubber, it was coming out of the bottom but I decided it was getting in at the top so I sealed all along the top edge and it seems OK now.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back