I need mobile phone and data in Portugal (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Can anyone recommend a network please?

I would like to have a local sim card with data and reasonable call costs to uk for 3 months maximum so PAYG only.

I used JoeMobile in France last year which was fantastic but of course French only :Doh:

If anyone can help I'd be much obliged. Lastly it would (probably) need to be a simcard that I can purchase when IN Portugal.

Many thanks

Chox :Smile:

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Can anyone recommend a network please?

I would like to have a local sim card with data and reasonable call costs to uk for 3 months maximum so PAYG only.

I used JoeMobile in France last year which was fantastic but of course French only :Doh:

If anyone can help I'd be much obliged. Lastly it would (probably) need to be a simcard that I can purchase when IN Portugal.

Many thanks

Chox :Smile:

I have a data sim from http://www.motorhomewifi.com/catalog/3g/, 3 euros per day when used, no charge if not connected. Not sure about calls but perhaps they can advise, they are very helpful.::bigsmile:

Mike

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have used Vodafone Portugal PAYG most of the way in Portugal and it has been superb

We are not big users so 15 euros lasts us for weeks and it does not run out for 90 days

I have a bit of difficulty understanding the literature but we seem to get 30 hours for our 15 euros as opposed to so many megs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The Toggle SIM card currently does not have Portugal listed as one of the 'Toggle Countries' which means unfortunately you can't benefit for cheap calls from Portugal to the UK - they are 23p per minute.

If its possible or appropriate for you to ask those you need to call you however (or send a text or a brief call asking for a call back), then the Toggle SIM does allow free incoming calls for you. The cost for those calling is the same as a regular UK mobile call - so free if they have inclusive minutes.

Link Removed

Hope that helps with the calls side of things :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I use a rolling monthly contract for data. €35 Euros per month unlimited use (15 gig at full speed before throttling to surf only speeds) and then I use my Skype Out account for telephone calls... 1p a minute to landlines and 8p to mobiles.

I have been known to help trustworthy folk without a Portuguese address to get a rolling contract...:winky:

My people tell me TMN are currently offering the best data deals...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thanks chaps,

I was clearly spoilt in France (€15) so just need to re set my thought process (whatever that means!).

I really want to get in and out with minimum fuss and cost but of course I do want my cake and I want to eat it in huge portions :Blush::whatthe:

Data is the real need I s'pose, and anything at or around 3gigs a month would probably do it.

I think I should have been born in Yorkshire coz I'm sure I fit the requirements :whatthe::Eeek:

I'm digesting the information at the moment :thumb:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just a thought...

Does anyone know if a Data sim card will work in a phone? The reason I ask is that I use an Asus Tablet phone for my internet needs (it really is a Phablet :ROFLMAO:)

I could probably manage without the phone bit…...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't know if a data only sim works in smartphones... I suspect not... but of course a mifi thingy overcomes that.

JJ :Cool:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
We have used Vodafone Portugal PAYG most of the way in Portugal and it has been superb

We are not big users so 15 euros lasts us for weeks and it does not run out for 90 days

I have a bit of difficulty understanding the literature but we seem to get 30 hours for our 15 euros as opposed to so many megs

Hello

I take it you bought a Vodafone Portugal sim? What did the sim cost and was it easy to pick up or did you need an address.

Thanks

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have a data only SIM in my galaxy note smartphone and I use Skype to call but I also use an English SIM card in another phone to accept texts and calls.(on a 24 month contract so can't be got out of)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back