Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Signed up at the cost of a fiver for an app you can use with google chrome which allows you to watch everything you miss or missed in the UK. Tried it for the first time last night down here in Spain and its fantastic. The guy who produced the app is on Facebook and helps you through any installation problems you might have, and there really aren't any! Filmon Free is ok but this is A1.
Anyone interested there is more info here; http://uktv.for-u.info/

Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
I use expatshield , is advert supported but by closing the pop up browser you can then use your own browser to watch anything , for free. Expatshield is also free.

Steve

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Do you actually mean "UK TV Anywhere IF you have a fast and affordable Internet connection that is not being overloaded by a lot of expats sucking up the bandwidth watching soaps and reality television" ?

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Do you actually mean "UK TV Anywhere IF you have a fast and affordable Internet connection that is not being overloaded by a lot of expats sucking up the bandwidth watching soaps and reality television" ?

JJ

Hell I even believe they waste their lives watching sport.

Deleted User
zenmate is a free extension in the chrome apps shop that does the same thing.

Slight problem at the moment is that iplayer downloads won't work but providing the internet connection is up to it watching live or catchup works fine.

The big advantage over filmon is that if iplayer stops for a few seconds because of weak connection it restarts from the same point so that on quiz shows you do not miss the answers or the last vital minutes of a drama.

iplayer needs 500kps to operate on basic low bandwidth option.

Thanks to Shiftzz for the link to this.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

JJ

Terrible what human nature is isn't it? Only by using up bandwidths will consumers demand better. But, that's human nature. Moan as much as you like but unless you are a robot. Somewhere down the line you will fit the category.
Have a nice day.. Dave

Deleted User
Signed up at the cost of a fiver for an app you can use with google chrome which allows you to watch everything you miss or missed in the UK. Tried it for the first time last night down here in Spain and its fantastic. The guy who produced the app is on Facebook and helps you through any installation problems you might have, and there really aren't any! Filmon Free is ok but this is A1.

Does this app allow the iplayer download facility to work, this would be really useful so that us 'expats sucking up the bandwidth' ::bigsmile: can do so at less busy times.

OP
OP
Volusia

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Please let us know, well worth a fiver to be able to download :thumb:

Well it looks as if you can download some progs, but not others. I downloaded the BBC download app ok, programs like The Voice for instance are downloadable, to where I don't know, using windows 8 on this laptop, sadly.
I think it should work though as the site selling the app certainly gives that impression! The bandwidth usage is small, even the campsites wifi copes.

NOTE. For those wondering if its right to utilise a campsites wifi this way, well I am not!
I am using my personal mifi. I do admit to trying the former to see if it could cope and would certainly do as others do should it run out, and hook to the latter.....

Deleted User
Thanks for the info, I will download and try that this afternoon.

I know that some programs are not available at all on iplayer and that others are not downloadable but with the zenmate extension the downloader will not work at all.

Regarding using site wifi my take on it is that if I am using bandwidth to fulfill a function, and someone else is using bandwidth then as far as I can see my usage will not stop that unless they too want to use a large chunk of bandwidth and then none of us are succesful.

Obviously bandwidth has limits but my high usage TV facility will simply not work at periods of high 'normal' demand so I do not see that there is a problem, except for me. Hence why I am trying to find ways of downloading programs at periods of low demand and watching at my leisure.

I have no great desire to watch live streaming TV.

Others with more technical abilities may have different views and I am willing to learn.:thumb:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Paid my fiver but could not get it to work and it changed my search engine to conduit . Was a devil to remove so now given up before I do anymore damage !! E mailed tge guy to this effect but no response :Angry:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I managed to watch half an hour of the wedding one. It was rubbish.

Bring back Basil Rathbone.

Completely agree, watched the first one a year or three ago and thought it was rubbish, change for change sake just like the American versions. The Sign of Four was on recently with Ian Richardson, thought he was good in the part.

Edit: I knew he'd died but blow me so's Jeremy Brett.
:Sad:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back