Motorhome viewing weekend (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We have a full day of viewings lined up for tomorrow and 3 test drives booked so fingers crossed we find something we like and end the weekend the proud owners of another motorhome. Just heading up the A1 to spend the night at mother in law's in Sheffield and the traffic is really quiet thank god! :thumb:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We have a full day of viewings lined up for tomorrow and 3 test drives booked so fingers crossed we find something we like and end the weekend the proud owners of another motorhome. Just heading up the A1 to spend the night at mother in law's in Sheffield and the traffic is really quiet thank god! :thumb:
Have a great day !

We did the same a couple of months back. What was supposed to be a day of viewings turned into a purchase. No regrets as we got exactly what we were looking for, but was a dear day out :winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Neither of you are a million miles away from here....... I live roughly halfway between you.

Have you looked at Pullingers? They have some very nice vans there. Nice people as well. Best of luck, hope you get what you're looking for:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Neither of you are a million miles away from here....... I live roughly halfway between you.

Have you looked at Pullingers? They have some very nice vans there. Nice people as well. Best of luck, hope you get what you're looking for:thumb:

I just looked them up thanks, shame their Rapido didn't have a garage I would have been tempted to turn around and head back ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I made sure the dealers knew we were test driving others as well and it's amazing how much the price dropped before I even tried to haggle :ROFLMAO:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Best of luck hope you find what you want.

Dont pay too much.
O I forgot your other half is from Yorkshire say no chance of you paying too much:ROFLMAO:

Have a nice weekend

Mel

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Best of luck hope you find what you want.

Dont pay too much.
O I forgot your other half is from Yorkshire say no chance of you paying too much:ROFLMAO:

Have a nice weekend

Mel

You've met my husband then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I had never heard the phrase "short arms, deep pockets" until he taught me!! Luckily he doesn't apply that to me, I have ways of making him capitulate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We have a full day of viewings lined up for tomorrow and 3 test drives booked

I wouldn't waste too much time driving them, they are just big lumps.

What is essential is living in one. Make sure you can be comfortable. Make sure you can cook a 5 course meal. Make sure you can poo. Make sure you can lounge. Make sure you can sleep. Can you store enough pairs of shoes ?

It's pouring down, it's blowing a gale, you can't get out. Will you enjoy just lounging ?

And don't rush it, it's mighty expensive to get it wrong.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I wouldn't waste too much time driving them, they are just big lumps.

What is essential is living in one. Make sure you can be comfortable. Make sure you can cook a 5 course meal. Make sure you can poo. Make sure you can lounge. Make sure you can sleep. Can you store enough pairs of shoes ?

[HI]It's pouring down, it's blowing a gale, you can't get out. Will you enjoy just lounging ?[/HI]

And don't rush it, it's mighty expensive to get it wrong.

We get enough practice living in the UK :ROFLMAO: but seriously you are right, as we will be long-terming we put a lot of thought in to the layout we thought would be best hence the main contender is the Autotrail Cheyenne 696G :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the main contender is the Autotrail Cheyenne 696G :thumb:

Just looked at one, that is a seriously good interior.

Once, long ago I'm sure someone said watch out for payload. It was so well made there wasn't a whole lot of load carrying left. It might not have been that model. If you have the licence most can be up-rated.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Just looked at one, that is a seriously good interior.

Once, long ago I'm sure someone said watch out for payload. It was so well made there wasn't a whole lot of load carrying left. It might not have been that model. If you have the licence most can be up-rated.

Payload is a concern as I would like to take our road and mountain bikes, might have to look in to how to up-rate :thumb:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are you sure you REALLY need the garage? When we first looked we thought we couldn't buy anything without a garage, but after looking at a fair few, we decided that the garage and fixed bed really compromised on living space, so tentatively looked at others. Ended up realising that a big garage would just be filled with a load of stuff we didn't really need, bought an A class (the REAL priority was not having to make a bed up) and haven't regretted it for a second.

Whatever you buy - enjoy :Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Are you sure you REALLY need the garage? When we first looked we thought we couldn't buy anything without a garage, but after looking at a fair few, we decided that the garage and fixed bed really compromised on living space, so tentatively looked at others. Ended up realising that a big garage would just be filled with a load of stuff we didn't really need, bought an A class (the REAL priority was not having to make a bed up) and haven't regretted it for a second.

Whatever you buy - enjoy :Smile:

The garage is our number 1 priority as we have 2 road bikes and 2 mountain bikes and I definitely won't be trusting my Bianchi on a bike rack so some little toe rag can come along with bolt croppers!! :ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fair comment..........:thumb:

Enjoy the days hunting

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
No idea how much you want to spend or whether you have set an age limit, but this is not far from Sheffield if you are looking for plenty of space and a garage.
Link Removed

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
No idea how much you want to spend or whether you have set an age limit, but this is not far from Sheffield if you are looking for plenty of space and a garage.
Link Removed

Looks like I need to add another destination to my day :thumb: looks perfect albeit a little older than planned but worth a view, cheers ::bigsmile:

womblevra

Free Member
Dec 10, 2012
Desborough, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Link Removed#

Our last van just traded it in for a bigger one, might be worth a worth a look ,really nice .:Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would look at it if I were buying again. Pre-2006 Hymers are generally regarded to be better built than the more recent versions - I have that on the authority of a real Hymer expert who works on them. Ours is a 2003 and it's very well put together.

p.s. and we bought ours from Edgehill - a good buying experience and they know a lot about Hymers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Well that's the 1st one driven, Cheyenne 696G with a 3L Merc engine, very nice it was too!! Now off to drive the Bessacarr E480! :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Blimey now I'm confused! Loved the bessacar, smarter, newer but not quite as good build quality and a 2.3 manual fiat rather than 3L auto Merc. :Eeek:

Now off to try the A class Hymer

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Oh eck, now what to do? Loved the Hymer even though it is a 2004. Superior build quality to the bessacar and Cheyenne. It's a left hand drive too which would make sense for us. Can't test drive until next weekend though so hope no one buys it in the meantime!!:cry:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I've got my eye in that Hymer! Seeing it on tuesday:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.