Telling partner they are overweight? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have tried various ways to tell Mrs that she has a growth up front over the last month.

Touching a bulge and saying "coming along nicely darling"--- ends up with ---
WHAT? do you mean:Eeek:

She asks , last week do I look ok in this --"it looks a bit tight darling" I said,--------" Oh OK , rub it in , don`t you." she said

I want to help and suggest being overweight is no good for anyone , but how:Eeek:
Is there a way without me being the enemy:cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have tried various ways to tell Mrs that she has a growth up front over the last month.

She asks , last week do I look ok in this --"it looks a bit tight darling" I said,--------" Oh OK , rub it in , don`t you." she said

I want to help and suggest being overweight is no good for anyone , but how:Eeek:
Book a cruise to sunny parts, buy her some new dresses to ware one size down from her present size. That should do it.:roflmto:

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Just asked the wife :winky: You don't say anything you just encourage her to eat health and exercise :Smile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
When out for a meal, if she had eaten too much she would use the phrase "my eyes are bigger than my belly"

I would often assure here they were not.:ROFLMAO:

She doesnt say it anymore, but they still not bigger.:ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its OK the other way round though isn't it, no sparing a mans feelings. :roflmto: Siân's often been heard to say somethiing like..."Want another sausage fatty?":ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
do you want a procession of motorhomes following your hearse on the day?:ROFLMAO:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just put yourself in her shoes ,when she's being honest and complaining about your snoring,farting,drinking,untidiness etc does she hold back ?
I doubt it ,tell her how it is ,after all they want us to feel we can talk to them about anything. :winky:
If your too scared keep asking her about water retention! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Vlad

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

Look, your not going to win, get your will wrote out, put your affairs in order and prepare to die !!

But to be fair, many people can put on weight easily and have bother losing it. Have you a dog ? Walking a dog can be great exercise. Maybe if you don't have a dog AND HAVE A LIFESTYLE WHERE YOU CAN LOOK AFTER A DOG, you could suggest to her that you fancy a dog and that you could both take it for walks.

Or, look at the type of food you are both eating, if it is food which helps weight gain, you could say to her that in view of the recent news stories about "wrong" food, that YOU fancy eating more healthy food and would she fancy eating the same.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Just be honest, when a woman says 'does this dress make me look fat',
reply with 'no dear, your fat makes you look fat'......

And then run!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning

You're going to tell your other half she's fat ?
I gotta have a ticket for this !! :thumb:

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just be honest, when a woman says 'does this dress make me look fat',
reply with 'no dear, your fat makes you look fat'......

And then run!

Sheila is quite slim, but often she will ask "does my bum look big in this"?

I usually answer quite tactfully and point out that in relation to the sub-continent of India, it's actually quite modest in size. For some unknown reason, she seems to find this offensive, not sure why ?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Book a cruise to sunny parts, buy her some new dresses to ware one size down from her present size. That should do it.:roflmto:
Absolutely not! She would gain another lb per day per cruise statistics and I can vouch for that. Ive just completed 2 cruises in 2 months and put on 1 stone 2 lbs...OUCH!!
You need to make her think its her idea to slim!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just tell her you overheard someone say she was fat, or you could keep making comments everytime you see a slim female. Along the lines of remember when you where that size. :ROFLMAO:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Listen up ladies, below is how it REALLY is.....
1. If you think you might be fat, you are. Don’t ask us. Just get your arse down the gym.
2. Learn to work the toilet seat: if it’s up, don’t moan, just put the bloody thing down.
3. Don’t cut your hair. Ever. It causes unnecessary arguments when we dare to comment on it.
4. Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present... again.
5. Sometimes, we’re not thinking about you. Live with it.
6. Saturday = Sports. Let it be.
7. Shopping is not a sport.
8. Anything you wear is fine. Really !!!.
9. Ask for what you want directly. Subtle hints don’t work.
10. Face it, peeing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. we’re bound to miss sometimes.
11. Most blokes own two to three pairs of shoes, so what makes you think
we‘d be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty of yours, would look good with that particular dress?
12. ‘Yes’, ‘No’ and ‘Mmm’ are perfectly acceptable answers.
13. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor..
14. Your Mum doesn’t have to be our best friend.
15. Check your oil. It is an essential part of car maintenance.
16. The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out.
17. Anything we said 6 or 8 months ago doesn’t count in today’s argument.
18. It’s not the dress that makes you look fat. It’s your fat that makes you look fat!
19. Telling us that the models in the men’s magazines are airbrushed makes
you sound jealous and petty and it’s certainly not going to stop us from reading them.
20. The male models with great bodies you see in magazines are all gay.
21. If something we said could be taken two ways, and one of these ways makes you angry, we meant the other one.
22. Let us ogle. If we don’t look at other women, how can we rate how pretty you are?
23. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during the commercial breaks.
24. When we are in bed & look tired this means that we are tired & definitely does not mean that we want to discuss the relationship.
25. If you want some dessert after a meal - have some. Don’t say “No, I
couldn’t/shouldn’t/don’t want any” and then eat half of mine.
26. Dieting doesn’t work without exercise.
27. If you’re on a diet it doesn’t mean my meals should be rabbit food as well.
28. A man’s four essential food groups are: white meat, red meat, warm beer & cold lager.
Please ensure all meals contain a good balance of the above in acceptable quantities everything else falls under the category ‘garnish’.
29. We really do have this thing about asking strangers for directions, but we don’t mind you doing it for us.
30. If you can learn the above, then man and woman can co-exist on a level based on love and mutual respect.:thumb:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I take it you have changed the password for your MHF account just in case she should log on and read this thread. :Doh:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009

Be prepared for what's to come they never forget, SHE WILL HAVE HER REVENGE:Eeek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You see, your all missing the point!! You have to be SUBTLE! And, you have to pick the right time. Dr Toot will show you how.

So, you suddenly jump up and say, "Darling, (you don't have to mean it), my little bundle of alpine moss, (Yea, I know, but just play along), There's something I have been dying to say to you for AGES...........

YOU DONT SWEAT MUCH FOR A FAT LASS!!

Problem solved. You have managed to get the message over with feeling.

You can always be really nice afterwards, and offer to run her, the dog, the suitcases, and the 16 packets of kleenex, round to her mums...........:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Start looking at new motorhomes. If she asks why, just say you think you might need one with a bigger payload.....

Allan

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years

Either buy yourselves two gym memberships and tell her you need to tone your stomach and want her to come along

alternatively

just be up front and honest with her.

She is totally well aware of how big she is getting - believe me

alternatively tell her she doesnt want to end up like Gail seriously :thumb::thumb::thumb: and then if she wants to know more PM me

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if she says something like "does my bum look big in this" or similar.just say "yes, but your eyesight is still great for a woman your age" :ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just show her this thread ! You have now told every man and his dog she is a bit of a lump.
That should do the trick ! Forget about ever using your testicles again though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back