Bessacarr E435 Leaking Shower Tap (1 Viewer)

M

mad.house

Deleted User
Please.........can anyone help?!
I have just purchased a Bessacarr E435, loving the van, but..........
The cold water pipe going into the shower mixer has been cut very short and is leaking where it enters the 90* bend just below the shower mixer tap.
Can anybody tell me if the mixer fittings are re-useable? Or do I need to cut the pipe and fit another mixer tap along with another 90* bend?

Many thanks.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you can get at the hose easlily, shorten it a bit more and add another length so its long enough.

Not sure what pipework they use, but if its like my boat you can get a coupler which push fits together, have a look round the plastic bits and pieces in a plumbers merchants.

You can also get the elbow and straight jounts that fit in the mixer unit as well.

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think they use standard 12mm water pipe and the fitting are reusable unless it's been damaged. if it's leaking from the stub on the mixer it may be the tap is damaged which will mean renewing it complete but for a couple of quid i'd try the elbow first.
as peter (johns cross) says.....add a length of pipe using a straight connector to allow a little slack.

Link Removed are what you need.

any caravan shop will stock them and the 12mm pipe

john.

PS.....you cant just pull these things off....you must push in the little collar and hold it while pulling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mad.house

Deleted User
Thank you for the replies.
I will get onto it on my next day off.
Will let you know how it does and what I used!
Dean

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back