I really need some help! (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Duration: 7 - 10 days motorhome (with dogs)

Date: Early September

Occasion: Wedding anniversary

I need to find somewhere very nice to take my good wife. I'm thinking of somewhere other than France.

So Belgium, Holland, Germany, Nordic countries...

Any suggestions please?:cry:

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Bruge, Belgium, my favourite near location, Belgium is better than expected by most who race through

We also found Amiens in France amazing, they light up the cathedral at night, a truly amazing sight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not knowing where you live I can't guess at how long it would take you to get to any of the ports, but assuming you'd go via Dover/Calais, then IMV 10 days isn't really long enough for travelling too far once on the other side of the water especially to the Nordic parts. Belgium - what about Brugge? Germany - if you want you could try to combine it with the Dusseldorf Caravan Salon (massive motorhome show) where you can stay for a few days and oggle the new motorhomes ... could prove expensive though if you see something you MUST HAVE!!!

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Bruge, Belgium, my favourite near location, Belgium is better than expected by most who race through

We also found Amiens in France amazing, they light up the cathedral at night, a truly amazing sight

Second that! We loved both those places . Also would look at Ghent . Lots to offer but quieter and cheaper than Bruges. Have a great time .

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Nowt wrong with Wales and you don't need a pissport. Get yourself down to the Pembroke Coast, stunning:thumb:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Another vote for Bruges

Don't be tempted to carry on to Brussels though - a complete waste of time and diesel :winky:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
I really need some help

the gower peninsular fantastic venue lovely camp sites all dog friendly,and views to die for .if the weather is good.:thumb:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Ireland

Hello.
And it's Ireland from me,the West Coast. There is also a plus !!,a farmer friend of ours has had to be rescued,from His place in Llanbedre,(Down near the old airfield),he tells me that the water is so deep that you can catch the Fast Cat to Dublin from............ CHESTER :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Win ,win,you save diesel getting to the ferry,and have longer to get your knees brown on your cruise:Blush::Blush::Blush:
Tea Bag.
PS. Don't be away till your back !!:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back