Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
ULTIMATE SPEED® Car Battery Charger
£13.99*Each

Intelligent microprocessor control with diagnostics programme and controlled charging process
With reverse polarity, short circuit and overload protection as well as pulse charge for flat batteries
Suitable for most 6V and 12V car or motorcycle batteries with a 1.2 - 120Ah capacity
4 variable charging rates (max. 3.8A)
Operating voltage: 220 - 240V ~ 50/60Hz
3 year manufacturer's warranty

92517_03_f.jpg

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Great "mans toy" the digital infra-red temperature sensor... They used to cost nearer £80
Mitch

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Great "mans toy" the digital infra-red temperature sensor... They used to cost nearer £80
Mitch

I had one of these when I used to breed geckos, I had to know the tempareture of the floor in the differant parts of the vivariums.

Found loads of other ueses for it, like balancing the heat output form domestic central heating radiators.

I wonder were I put it:Doh:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
£13.99*Each

Intelligent microprocessor control with diagnostics programme and controlled charging process
With reverse polarity, short circuit and overload protection as well as pulse charge for flat batteries
Suitable for most 6V and 12V car or motorcycle batteries with a 1.2 - 120Ah capacity
3 year manufacturer's

If this is as good as the aldi one it's worth every penny, I have charged everything from my bantam 6 volt battery to my ford 7600 tractor battery, works better than a charger purchased for £60, on my fordson major tractor the dear one wouldn't charge it but this one did.
I know the battery is probably knackered but it charged overnight from dead flat to starting the tractor next morning.
Don't know how they are different but how they are so cheap I don't know.:thumb:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
how they are so cheap I don't know.

Chinese sweat-shop manufacturers

That's not what I meant, I know they can make em cheap like that but I meant size and that, they look a different thing altogether than the old style large humming charger, what's different in them.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for spotting this...I could do with a smarter (and smaller) battery charger than the old Halfords one I've been using.

Plus, I thought I'd got a good deal with the high-vis jacket (to stick in the van) I bought on Amazon a few weeks ago. When it arrived though I realized that it was going to be lovely and warm this time of year, but in the summer I'd be at more risk of heat-stroke if I wore it than getting run over if I didn't :RollEyes: A high-vis vest would be handy.....£1.99! :Eeek:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I have the previous model to this one and it is great. The only problem is that it does not start charging unless there is some charge in the battery. Hence, it will not charge a flat battery but will kick in if I give the battery a few mins charging from a booster battery (the portable battery type used to jumps start cars). Will this pulse feature overcome that problem?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have the previous model to this one and it is great. The only problem is that it does not start charging unless there is some charge in the battery. Hence, it will not charge a flat battery but will kick in if I give the battery a few mins charging from a booster battery (the portable battery type used to jumps start cars). Will this pulse feature overcome that problem?

I have the previous model also. It actually also has the pulse feature.

Like wise with a battery below 10.5V, it did not want to start on its own, so I put two batteries together, to "fool" the charger. After a short while I disconnected the good battery and the charger recovered the old battery.

However the old battery then charged fully over 24/36 hours, and has been in use ever since.

This has been the best charger I have ever had, and at a bargain price. I will buy this one and leave it in the van in case my main hab charger packs in...:thumb:.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Don't know if anyone's posted but these are available again at Lidl - same price £13.99
I bought one last time around fantastic value.

Rob

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Agreed, I bought one about 4 years ago. A great bit of kit at a superb price. (y)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Use one every day (y) basically exact same as the Aldi one(y)
If your battery gets really low and it won't recognise it as others have said stick a other along side via jump leads for ten mins .....also try letting it charge as a 6 v bile batts for a few hour then change it to 12v (y)...brilliant bits of kit :) It's a pity they don't just work once connected instead of having to press mode button, but for the money nothing comes close

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
On the recommendation of @dabhand I bought one from a French Lidl last autumn. It works well. Exactly the same, BUT the instructions are in French. Can anybody email me a scan or photo of the English version please.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
On the recommendation of @dabhand I bought one from a French Lidl last autumn. It works well. Exactly the same, BUT the instructions are in French. Can anybody email me a scan or photo of the English version please.
Is this it?

Attachments

• 92517_HR_RO_BG_EL.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
I got a surprise when I found our stored caravan battery had not been disconnected and was down to 7.3v . I brought it home and put it on charge with one of these Lidl chargers.
The Lidl charger went into recovery mode with the display flashing between 7.3v and --- .
I kept looking at it for about an hour with no change. This is explained in the booklet.
Sometime during the next hour it automatically switched over to standard 12v charging and was then showing 10.5v
It then took a couple of days to reach full charge at 13.1v and went into maintenance mode.
I have left it connected now for a further 5 days and today it shows 13.3v

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I probably can but I’m in Lanzarote at the moment, let me know if you still need them in a week.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Great chargers only down side is they have to be manually set to 12v each time so no good to build in permenantly unless accesable

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I've got one on our engine battery (y). Bought another one for my new motorcycle. They have a gentle charge rate for ickle batteries (y) not only are they a lot cheaper than Optimate/C-tek, they are better.

:eek: sorry :)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Saw these in Lidl on Sunday and was tempted but didn`t buy, then saw this thread today and thought about how old my existing charger is. I realised it`s 28 years old :eek: .........

Called in Lidl on way home today and bought one (y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I get a bit frustrated when you guys post about these good deals in Lidl as we cannot get them in our Lidl 200m away in Poland. They used to have more techie gear but those shelves are now wholly clothing.

Geoff

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
£13.99*Each

3 year manufacturer's warranty

92517_03_f.jpg
17€ ,99 in lidl In France..ao seems good deal.

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
Also worth noting is the cordless 'dremel' multi-tool at a fraction of the price (only £17.99)

Not sure how I ever managed without one of these - I've had a corded version for many years and find it incredibly useful, especially in the motorhome for fine detailed work. Just bought this for travelling with and it seems pretty good. I've found Parkside tools to be consistently good and almost the same quality as Makita, Bosch etc (with an excellent warranty). Certainly good enough for a non-tradesman DIY user.

Highly recommended if you don't already have one ! (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back