Between Chester & Peterborough Meets (1 Viewer)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Hi Funsters:thumb:
Is there a site where a few (or more) funsters are congregating in between the Chester & Peterborough meetings, 22nd & 23rd April.
If so, could we possibly join you for a couple of nights of drunkeness & debauchery, or (and this might be more appropriate after Chester), a cup of Horlicks and plenty of ZZZZZZ's, before we start again at Peterborough !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi the mogs, we are booked in at the C&CC site at Delamere Forest for a couple of nights. Our intention is to catch the train into Liverpool for a good look around a we have not done so as yet. We will then be heading down to Peterborough.
Brisey &Pamelaaar.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We are at a loose end too - not sure if the date for leaving Chester is the Monday or Tuesday but will be on the lookout for a site with services somewhere between the two, and preferably within walking distance of a town for supplies and pub for ....more beer of course!!!:thumb:

Open to suggestions!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Between Chester and Peterborough meets

Hi,
I have nothing planned inbetween the two meets, was going to see what any of the others do.

It may be a very last minute decision - one of the joys of motorhoming:ROFLMAO:

S

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We haven't planned anything yet between the two rallies. I'll wait and see the state of the weather, the battery and the water levels...both inside and outside the van.
Bryn

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Looks like there could be a fight for places on Delamere Forest that week then...... :roflmto: Not a bad site, nice pub close by for meals .. if it has reopened.... and we might see Laneside swinging through the trees on the Monkey ropes like he did last time.:whatthe:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Me and the Bitch are booked onto the Delamere Forest CCC site from Monday night, 21 April to leave for Peterborough on Thursday 24 April.

Look forward to meeting up with any Funsters staying over on these days.:thumb:

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Hi Guys & Gals,

Thanks to all those that dropped a line.:thumb:
We are on the verge of booking a small site near Nuneaton, not far away from the route to Peterborough.
Its called Atherstone Stables Caravan Park, costs £15 per night with EHU, hardstanding, showers, toilets and on-pitch water. Sounds good !! Pub
nearby, with village 15 mins walk away.
I think I'll book..........:Doh:

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Hi Guys & Gals,

Thanks to all those that dropped a line.:thumb:
We are on the verge of booking a small site near Nuneaton, not far away from the route to Peterborough.
Its called Atherstone Stables Caravan Park, costs £15 per night with EHU, hardstanding, showers, toilets and on-pitch water. Sounds good !! Pub
nearby, with village 15 mins walk away.
I think I'll book..........:Doh:

All booked; 2 nights 22nd-23rd April, leaving on 24th to Peterborough
All we need now is some sunshine & real ale :ROFLMAO:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We're staying at Rutland Water CC "C" on the map
Capture-S.png

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We are booked in at Ilam for Easter till Wedneday so are looking for just one night stopover somewhere not to far from Peterborough. :Smile:

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Between Chester & Peterborough

[HI]Does anyone know the latest we can leave Chester?[/HI]Steve

Hi Steve,
We've had the heads-up from Jim that we are allowed to stay until Tuesday morning.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hi Steve,
We've had the heads-up from Jim that we are allowed to stay until Tuesday morning.
Thanks for that, I will be leaving Chester on Tuesday then, up to Tarleton to visit mother in law for two nights then three hour drive to Peterborough on Thursday. Sorted:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're not going to Chester but may well have a night or two at the C&CC THS at Epworth on the way to Peterborough, just to break the journey.

Changed our minds. We'll probably have a night or two at the C&CC THS at Lyndon Top seeing as it's closer to Peterborough.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Didn't go to Chester but I'll be at Ferry Meadows CC site tomorrow till Thursday am - with midweek discount it's quite a bargain at £9.20 a night with EHU. :Smile: Anyone else staying there before the Show?

By tomorrow will have been off hook-up for 11 nights with just an hour's driving during that time. Happy to report that batteries are still up at 12.6v - with no need to fish the generator out of the locker. :winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Didn't go to Chester but I'll be at Ferry Meadows CC site tomorrow till Thursday am - with midweek discount it's quite a bargain at £9.20 a night with EHU. :Smile: Anyone else staying there before the Show?

By tomorrow will have been off hook-up for 11 nights with just an hour's driving during that time. Happy to report that batteries are still up at 12.6v - with no need to fish the generator out of the locker. :winky:
Marian, look out for Leltel, and their 2 x Cockerpoos at Ferry Meadows CC site. :thumb:

See you soon,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have booked to stop Tuesday nite at Haxey Queys cl site nr misterton .. Recommended
by another funsters ..£7.50 per nite

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back