Amazon delivery price changes (1 Viewer)

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Gone back solely to eBay since July when they altered their post charges.

Pretty much all the traders who sell on Amazon also sell on eBay, the post is either free or much less.
Maybe they intend to start paying their taxes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Seems fair postage rates though..
Folk are so daft they do not realise there is nosuch thing as free post.. they just pay it in the cost of the item..
Bet there will be a subtle fall in many of the prices so the total will remain about the same

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Gone back solely to eBay since July when they altered their post charges.

Pretty much all the traders who sell on Amazon also sell on eBay, the post is either free or much less.
Maybe they intend to start paying their taxes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

big difference in customer service though.

buy an item direct from, or fulfilled by, Amazon and its wrong or damaged it is replaced immediately with no quibble or excuses free of postage charges.

not many ebay sellers have the same service and just about ALL will charge postage on returns....even if it was originally post free.

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
big difference in customer service though.

buy an item direct from, or fulfilled by, Amazon and its wrong or damaged it is replaced immediately with no quibble or excuses free of postage charges.

not many ebay sellers have the same service and just about ALL will charge postage on returns....even if it was originally post free.

That's not necessarily true, orders filled by Amazon have the protection, orders filled by Amazon 'associates' not so. I know through experience in having to pay postage to return an item :Sad:

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Seems fair postage rates though..
Folk are so daft they do not realise there is nosuch thing as free post.. they just pay it in the cost of the item..
Bet there will be a subtle fall in many of the prices so the total will remain about the same

There has been no fall since July, i buy a lot of items online and check the prices regularly, i won't hold my breath waiting for the subtle fall after this increase.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

And so they should, any sale subsidises the cost of packing/handling and delivering, no sale and a return means a total loss and double handling to boot.

Suppliers are not running lending libraries for people to just try out things so be fair.

Peter

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's not necessarily true, orders filled by Amazon have the protection, orders filled by Amazon 'associates' not so. I know through experience in having to pay postage to return an item :Sad:

fulfilled by Amazon are third party items stored in Amazons warehouses and sold by Amazon so are covered by the same returns policy as Amazons own goods.

fulfilled by Amazon is different to Amazon associates.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
And so they should, any sale subsidises the cost of packing/handling and delivering, no sale and a return means a total loss and double handling to boot.

Suppliers are not running lending libraries for people to just try out things so be fair.

Peter

i never mentioned returning an item on a whim because you dont like it Peter....i said wrong or damaged items.

i bought some LED 'bulbs' from China via eBay...wrong ones sent as item description did not match items sent.....incorrect bulb base.
cost me just under a fiver inc pstage
return postage and repackaging far exceeded a fiver so cut my loss and binned them.

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
[HI]big difference in customer service though.[/HI]

Exactly...

I ordered a coffee table 10 days before Xmas. It was supposed to be Black Glass.

When it arrived the top shelf was clear glass and the bottm shelf was black glass. I contacted Amazon Customer Services. The table was collected two days later within a 2 hour window of my choosing at no cost to me. I just had to stick in the label Amazon produced for me to print off. Refund was in my account within 5 days of the return.

Amazon for me every time, and with Amazon prime over the course of a year we save a fortune on postage costs, and receive the goods next day after ordering.:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
There has been no fall since July, i buy a lot of items online and check the prices regularly, i won't hold my breath waiting for the subtle fall after this increase.

Welll errr... uhmmmmm

Bit unsure how to react to that one !!

The change in postal situation only came in yesterday !!

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Welll errr... uhmmmmm

Bit unsure how to react to that one !!

The change in postal situation only came in yesterday !!

Obviously you don't buy much off Amazon then or you would know that the pricing was altered in July. Amazon then introduced 'Amazon Prime' you could still get 'Free' P&P providing you signed up for Amazon Prime at a cost of £49.00.:Eeek:

Most items that were free then attracted P&P charges, i got 'caught' in July when i purchased a CD using '1-click' as i often did, not unti i received the bill did i realise i had been charged almost £3.00 P&P.......for a CD!

Small items like books were still free and if you added more items to your book purchase they were included, savvy buyers did this.

Amazon is now closing this loophole by introducing a £10.00 minimum for 'free' P&P

Hope that explains it for you!! :thumb:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Obviously you don't buy much off Amazon then or you would know that the pricing was altered in July. Amazon then introduced 'Amazon Prime' you could still get 'Free' P&P providing you signed up for Amazon Prime at a cost of £49.00.:Eeek:
Amazon Prime has been about for a lot longer than that. I joined it over a year ago after my son had been using it for some time. I have got my money's worth out of it.

And I too can vouch for the brilliant service Amazon gives when things go wrong, which covers both direct supplied items and "fulfilled by Amazon" items too. They arrange for collection FOC and are very efficient. Told them about a problem with something that was not working this Monday. They picked it up Tuesday and on Wednesday morning I got an email confirming receipt and two hours later another email confirming a full refund.

But this is only free if the product is faulty or not as described. If you just don't like it when you get it and want to send it back then you have to pay for the shipping, and I think that it right.

I also occasionally sell stuff on Amazon too and they are much better organised than Ebay, but they are a bit more expensive, but then you only get charged if and when you sell the item, so no "listing fees".

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
I use Amazon Prime a lot & have done for years, as have both my son & my daughter who are married and live away. I bought loads of books when studying for my doctorate & Prime has saved its cost several times over.

The free P&P and next day delivery are really worth it, in my opinion. Their returns service & customer service are excellent in my view.

Also like the fact you can check the reviews by people who have bought what you are after.

So nothing has changed for Prime customers-bought a £6 book & £9 tea this week all for free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back