LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The giant French puppets are returning to Liverpool on 23 to 27 July.
http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2014-01-07/giants-to-make-return-to-liverpool/
The last time they came was one of the most memorable experiences of my life, and that is no exaggeration.
If anyone wants to see this free spectacle that is known worldwide, I suggest you get a site booked now, as you will not get near Liverpool when this is on.
A few photos of the last time they came.

Attachments

• The pupet 037.jpg
    The pupet 037.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 179
  • The pupet 029.jpg
    The pupet 029.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 140
  • The pupet 038.jpg
    The pupet 038.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For any of you that are wondering what these giants are like, click on the Royal deLux website below. This is street theatre at its absolute best. This company is in constant demand worldwide but will only perform if the public is allowed free access. The first time I saw them I was so blown away by them that I became almost obsessive in wanting to find out everything about them. The problem is that although the owner is bordering on genius, he is also very secretive, and therefore its difficult to find anything out. Now if someone could set up a meet for this am sure it would be a success.
http://www.royal-de-luxe.com/en/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We spent a few days in Nantes last September near where the company is based .... we did see the huge elephant but unfortunately only in his kennel .. wish now we had more time there to see it properly.

Nantes is a beautiful city with loads to see, just watch out for trams when driving around:Eeek::Doh:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We spent a few days in Nantes last September near where the company is based .... we did see the huge elephant but unfortunately only in his kennel .. wish now we had more time there to see it properly.

Nantes is a beautiful city with loads to see, just watch out for trams when driving around:Eeek::Doh:

We were there last September………..here he is let loose outside ::bigsmile:

URL]

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Sites 'over the water' CC site at Thurstaston and a CL at Arrowebrook Farm. Connections to Liverpool by train,bus and the famous Mersey Ferry!
www.visitliverpool.com

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Consider also sites and CL's at Southport, good train connection to Liverpool.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The giant French puppets are returning to Liverpool on 23 to 27 July.

Is this the same Liverpool that, according to it's council leader, is so cash strapped that they are having to (very reluctantly), nick visitors hubcaps?? :winky:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Who told you that scurrilous fib? If you're looking for stereotypes,do you still keep pigeons and coal in the bath,. Its bad enough the Southern Softies having jibes-but your own neighbours!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Is this the same Liverpool that, according to it's council leader, is so cash strapped that they are having to (very reluctantly), nick visitors hubcaps?? :winky:

Hardly cash strapped. Liverpool has the second highest growth next to London. Add the low cost of living to that and you know where you have to be :thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
do you still keep pigeons and coal in the bath,.

Well, I dont keep the pigeons actually IN with the coal, (it tends to make them dusty when they sit on the curtain rail), but yes........Doesn't everyone north of the Ship Canal??? :winky:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Well, I dont keep the pigeons actually IN with the coal, (it tends to make them dusty when they sit on the curtain rail), but yes........Doesn't everyone north of the Ship Canal??? :winky:
Touche mon brave!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanks Dave for the reminder we would love to see this ..maybe Dave snowbird mentioned prev, not knowing the area and very very slow wifi here at Marjal.. Can anyone say which is the nearest safe place to book for this .. Or where other funsters are going .. Please add us if we lose internet xx

Any help welcomed ...if any deposits needed can we sort back in uk please :winky:

John n Kath

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just for the doubters, this is is taken from Google re the costs to the taxpayer. When the puppets last came there were some that said it was a waste of money as it cost 1.5 million to tempt them here.
It was estimated that it brought 12 million into the local economy. Not a bad return in my book. Its a pity Boris cant do the same dahn sahf.
They expected 250000 but got 600000 visitors.

The cost of the event, estimated at £1.5m, was partly met by European legacy funding from Liverpool's 2008 Capital of Culture year. Early forecasts suggested it resulted in a £12 million boost to the city's economy.[9][10][11]

With initial expectations of around 250,000 people attending,[12] immediately after the event it was estimated that 600,000 people watched the event over the three days.[3][11]

The show was led by Royal de Luxe's artistic director, Jean-Luc Courcoult, who celebrated its conclusion by jumping into the River Mersey.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Originally Posted by Snowbird Link Removed
For any of you that are wondering what these giants are like, click on the Royal deLux website below. Now if someone could set up a meet for this am sure it would be a success.
http://www.royal-de-luxe.com/en/

Thanks Dave for the reminder we would love to see this ..maybe Dave snowbird mentioned prev, not knowing the area and very very slow wifi here at Marjal.. Can anyone say which is the nearest safe place to book for this .. Or where other funsters are going .. Please add us if we lose internet xx

Any help welcomed ...if any deposits needed can we sort back in uk please :winky:

John n Kath

:Smile: BUMP

Does anyone know if there are any meets arranged in this area......ie. THS or similar, or any plans to see this display sounds brilliant. :thumb:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
We are hoping to go straight to Liverpool to see the Giant puppets after leaving Wrenbury. :thumb:
Really looking forward to it.:Cool::Cool:
Thanks for the heads up Dave :thumb:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
We are hoping to go straight to Liverpool to see the Giant puppets after leaving Wrenbury. :thumb:
Really looking forward to it.:Cool::Cool:
Thanks for the heads up Dave :thumb:

:thumb: Are you staying in the Liverpool area and if so where ?????? Thanks

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
:thumb: Are you staying in the Liverpool area and if so where ?????? Thanks

Hoping to. We are currently tuggers so have a car to travel into the city, but we are hoping to have our MH by then. However, campsite not sorted yet., If I get somewhere I will PM you.:thumb:
Bill

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Booked our campsite so we will be there on the 23 rd!:thumb: See you there::bigsmile:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
[HI]The show was led by Royal de Luxe's artistic director, Jean-Luc Courcoult, who celebrated its conclusion by jumping into the River Mersey[/HI]
.[/quote]

Crikey, did he survive?........ When I lived in Warrington it was said that if you jumped in the Mersey you wouldn`t drown as you would have died from the effects of pollution first...........:winky: It has obviously changed now..

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
River dance

Hi just to let you know he didnt jump the police stopped him they thought he was a nutter and after seeing him on tv recently he is :roflmto:what a crazy guy but a genius in the world of entertainment and engineering:thumb:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
[HI]The show was led by Royal de Luxe's artistic director, Jean-Luc Courcoult, who celebrated its conclusion by jumping into the River Mersey[/HI]

Crikey, did he survive?........ When I lived in Warrington it was said that if you jumped in the Mersey you wouldn`t drown as you would have died from the effects of pollution first...........:winky: It has obviously changed now..[/QUOTE]

Not only have they cleaned the Mersey up but am told its now one of the best cod fishing grounds in Europe. Large cod are regularly caught in the river.

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
I'm booked into a site on the Wirral for a few nights this week so will make sure I go into Liverpool for this. Thanks for the info :Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000