LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Right when I open another program, like for example Chrome the taskbar disappears. How can I make it always show at the bottom of my screen? This one has me beat!!! :cry:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
yep but in windows 8 it only does that on the desktop I want it to always show. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not sure what you mean. The desktop is always there unless you have programs opening in full screen - press f11 when a program is open and see what happens.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
i will try to explain. I other windows i.e. 7 whichever program you have open the taskbar is always visible. Not so in Windows 8.
Say i want to use the snip tool which I keep on my taskbar when I have FUN open. I have to split the screen with Fun on one side and the desktop on the other so I can access both.
I want the taskbar to show at the bottom all the time whatever i have open. :thumb:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If the video didn't help (I can't see it on my tablet) perhaps there is something here. Link Removed
If the taskbar is set to Lock and Autohide is not checked it should stay visible. XP had a thing to always keep the taskbar on top. Win8 can do the same but I don't think they use the same terminology.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
~Just realised I am repeating DevonBeeKeepers excellent reply, apologies.

Steve

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The taskbar always shows on my screen, Ken, unless I am running a video full screen or displaying the tiled alternative. You may have Auto-hide the Taskbar selected.

Go into Control Panel/Appearance and Personalisation, click on Taskbar and make sure there is no tick in the Auto-hide box.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The taskbar always shows on my screen, Ken, unless I am running a video full screen or displaying the tiled alternative. You may have Auto-hide the Taskbar selected.

Go into Control Panel/Appearance and Personalisation, click on Taskbar and make sure there is no tick in the Auto-hide box.

Done that Graham autohide is not ticked only lock the taskbar. pffft

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Could it be cos i launch chrome from the taskbar rather than the desktop? Will try later when i boot up again! :thumb::thumb:

The reason it is important to me is that i plan a walk on memory map. Then take a snip which i send to my nexus which fits in my pocket, brilliant as i can zoom it for forest tracks etc.

Thanks to all for help :Smile:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Dump it and use Firefox (comes without free Google surveillance) ::bigsmile:

I use chrome cos it is on my android devices Graham and got used to it.

AND........fixed, went into chrome settings and clicked relaunch chrome on desktop and lo and behold......i have my taskbar back yayyyyy :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
[HI]I use chrome cos it is on my android devices[/HI] Graham and got used to it.

AND........fixed, went into chrome settings and clicked relaunch chrome on desktop and lo and behold......i have my taskbar back yayyyyy :thumb:

Dump it and use Firefox on Android as well :roflmto:

Glad you got it sorted :thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Chrome is not a problem now it is sorted.

It is the way windows 8.1 works.

It is when things are launched from an "app" For example the mail and skype apps when launched do not show the taskbar.

In those cases I would have to uninstall the apps and re download the programs to the desktop.

Nothing in their settings which allow launch from desktop.

Don't really need the taskbar in those cases so no problem and I can get round it if needed. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back