May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
hi everybody.

Our Autotrail Apache 700 SE was stolen last night, it had a Sold Secure Bulldog wheel clamp & a steering wheel lock, but they still managed to take it :Sad:

It was clocked on the police camera in Gisburn (Nr Clitheroe, Lancashire) @ 12:01 & then clocked again on another camera on the M65 half an hour later.

If anybody spots an Autotrail with a tribal eagle decal (21" x 21", which makes it distinctive) on each side, then please advise your local police.

We were due to go again this weekend, but my mrs is feeling so sick that she is not sure whether to replace it as she would not want to go through this again (it is like a feeling of suffering grief?).

Please keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• Apache 700 SE side 2.jpg
    Apache 700 SE side 2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Tribal Eagle.jpg
    Tribal Eagle.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 110
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ou must be gutted. hope you get it back and soon, good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
gutted for you Steve, can you post some more pictures of the van (different angles) and whats your reg plate?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Gutted to hear the news...
I have posted this information on my facebook group page in case anyone can help.....

Do you have the reg number just in case they remove the decals..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bastards, I feel your pain Steve, Let's hope we can find it quickly

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Gutted to hear the news...
I have posted this information on my facebook group page in case anyone can help.....

Do you have the reg number just in case they remove the decals..

good idea, i will put on my facebook too

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If it were spotted up there it could be heading for the Stranraer ferry port to Ireland:Angry::Angry:

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Reg No.

Hi.

Registration is: HX56 UAH.

The stripes on the nearside are brighter than the offside & has new windows (without the security etching), due to it being vandalised last year.

Thanks for all your concern, it has been like losing a family member (absolutely gutted).

Steve & Val

Attachments

• Apache 700 SE front.jpg
    Apache 700 SE front.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Apache 700 SE side.JPG
    Apache 700 SE side.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Apache 700 SE back.jpg
    Apache 700 SE back.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 141
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
So sorry to hear your bad news you must be gutted, no matter good they are supposed to be a wheel clamp will take under a minute to remove.
Put a picture on showing the decal and a reg number although thats no doubt been changed now.

Dave

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Gutted to hear this. Firstly, check with the Irish Ferry Terminals at Liverpool and Heysham, it could have been pre-booked onto the early ferries. DO THIS ASP, as a lot of sailings have been cancelled today! The Fleetwood to Larne ferry no longer runs. A lot of caravans have disappeared from the Lancashire area the same way. It might even now be on a ferry terminal car park!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
If that is the case, it may well have cloned or false plates on for the ferry. A full description with photos sent to the terminals may well help. Best of luck with this, hope it's recovered very soon

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If you get chance today go and poke around junction 8 on the M65 all the horseboxes nicked from around the Calderdale area got parked up there for a day or two while the tea leaves found out if it had a tracker fitted before moving it further.

I will not say why that area or I may get accused of racism

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
We are very active on Facebook, 1000's will see the attached picture today

Attachments

• STOLEN Apache 700.jpg
    STOLEN Apache 700.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 107

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just phoned a friend of mine who lives in Preston. His son is a traffic officer with Lancashire Police, based at the 'Tickled Trout' police motorway depot on the M6 at Preston. His lad is working today, and I have asked him to phone him, and, (if duty permits), see if he can take a look at the spot near to junction 8 M65, and also, as a favour, to put your MH at the top of his ident list.
Just as a passing point, my friend has suggested that ALL MH and caravan owners should put their home postcodes onto their roofs, in LARGE BLACK stick on letters. The vehicle is then easily spot-able by helicopter, even if hidden in a yard!! Great idea, will be doing this myself when the weather cheers up.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hope you get it back - or a replacement - quickly.

We bought a wheel clamp on Jaws' recommendation a few weeks ago after Broken Link Removed.

As an extra precaution, last Saturday our elder son helped me install CCTV mainly covering the van and the rest of the drive. I've put signs in the van telling people that they've already been recorded if they are reading them. Hopefully that will deter any thieves.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just phoned a friend of mine who lives in Preston. His son is a traffic officer with Lancashire Police, based at the 'Tickled Trout' police motorway depot on the M6 at Preston. His lad is working today, and I have asked him to phone him, and, (if duty permits), see if he can take a look at the spot near to junction 8 M65, and also, as a favour, to put your MH at the top of his ident list.
Just as a passing point, my friend has suggested that ALL MH and caravan owners should put their home postcodes onto their roofs, in LARGE BLACK stick on letters. The vehicle is then easily spot-able by helicopter, even if hidden in a yard!! Great idea, will be doing this myself when the weather cheers up.

Home postcode is said by some not to be a good idea as it can also be seen by thieves from motorway bridges, indicating that a property may be empty. We had the alternative of the registration number on our previous van roof but haven't got it on the current one due to lack of space. Maybe I should look into that again.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
My postcode covers about 130 properties, Graham, so I think I will go that way. :thumb:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I know this is stable door / horse bolted comment, but I would recommend people get some sort of tracker in their vehicles. Motorhomes can be hidden very easily and identities changed quickly. Your van may now look nothing like it did when it was on your driveway.
Looking at that area of the M65 is good advice. Many vehicles are parked up for a day or two to see if trackers are activated, of course, that's a good time to get them back too. But, some vehicles are hidden in containers or underground where GPS trackers do not work. They have all the time in the world to find and remove them, or simply jam the signals with an ebay'able item!
We have an Appello Geo tracker fitted as well as a GPS type. It works off cellphone signals not GPS so many buildings, containers and underground car parks do not affect it, nor can signals easily be jammed, especially if they don't know that is what you have.
Just hope you get yours back, we have had vehicles stolen before and contrary to what some people think, it can be utterly devastating. Its not just a lump of metal...........

Allan

Last edited:
OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Many thanks to everybody

Gutted to hear this. Firstly, check with the Irish Ferry Terminals at Liverpool and Heysham, it could have been pre-booked onto the early ferries. DO THIS ASP, as a lot of sailings have been cancelled today! The Fleetwood to Larne ferry no longer runs. A lot of caravans have disappeared from the Lancashire area the same way. It might even now be on a ferry terminal car park!!!

I have contacted/emailed all ferry companies with pictures of the van & the decal, Just hope their sailing has been delayed by the bad weather?

I will try anything that might help me get it back !

Many, Many thanks to all your help & support.

Steve & Val

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
First thing I did when I got mine was have a tracker & alarm fitted, its called peace of mind, Its a Phantom I have, a friend had one on his twin axle Bailey caravan, its was stolen at 3am he was woken by the control room calling him and the police had it within the hour. One of my neighbour's has just got a late model AT and I seen he has a rear wheel clamped:Wacko: might as well have thrown his money in the gutter.

Dave
I should add that clamps are great for passing sneak thieve's but if you have been cased by a serious gang shopping for something special................ less that a minute

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Bit late with this but
hope you get it sorted quickly Steve:Smile:

Roger & Sheila.:Smile:::bigsmile:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
So sorry to hear. Must be devastating. Hope you get it back soon . Best wishes

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's really crappy.

Hope you get it back soon.

It might be worth your calling a couple of the ports yourself. No disrespect to the police but your van will not be high on their list of priorities. There cannot be that many Autotrail Apaches leaving the country in the next few days so it might be that the port authorities can help you out.

Good luck.

safejourney

Free Member
Jan 3, 2014
uk
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp

Why not put the vehicle registration number instead?

This removes the worry about people with a little populated postcode potentially giving away that their house is empty.

Could people also put it across the front of the vehicle? So that even if the registration plate is changed immediately the numbers wouldn't match.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Just out of curiosity was it stolen from a yard or your home address ?

Vlad

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi.

Home address, private parking round back of flats, we had brought it home to clean & get ready for going away this weekend.

Researched for good wheel clamp, but think professional thieves can just about get through anything ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back