Thursford Christmas Show (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I really enjoyed this show in 2012 but didn't plan it very well and ended up in a not very suitable layby for the night. Can anyone recommend a more suitable place to stay nearby . They are taking bookings now for 2014 :Eeek:

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
It might be worth contacting Thursford to see if they would let you overnight there.
Thanks but that's what I thought I may be able to do last year but car park attendant was not having it that's why I ended up in lay by:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Hilary, is there a pub car park nearby and if so might be worth asking them can you stay there overnight. Even if they charge a fiver it might be safer than a layby ...... says pot calling kettle black...:winky:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
The nearest site is the CC club site at Fakenham racecourse, but you will of course pay normal rates as there are no Funster discounts I'm aware of. :ROFLMAO:

There is also a CL at Old Brick Kilns, Barney just over a mile away if you are in CC.

Many local pubs will allow you to overnight if you eat there. It has to be worth few phone calls to see.

We certainly agree that Thursford is worth a visit and its easily accessible from the North Norfolk Coast if you fancy making a few days of it.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
From halfway down the page at Link Removed

The Green Man Inn
The Green Man Inn ideally placed for Thursford collection and Norfolk's areas of interest, located in Little Snoring on the A148 we boasts some of the nicest food around served in its warm welcoming restaurant and if you wish to stay we offer B&B and have a small well equipped caravan site with winter hard standing.
Our traditional menu offers a good choice of meats & fish traditionally fresh cooked with a little bit "wow" we sauce our produce locally for its freshness and flavour. The Green Man Inn has been refurbished over the last year its contemporary restaurant carvery can sit 40 and the well stocked bar 30 we have a very large car park and welcome buses of any size by appointment. If you are looking for a place to eat or refresh this is the place that should not be missed. Big enough to manage, small enough to care, The Green Man Inn Little Snoring.

Tel: 01328 878750
Address: The Green Man Inn, Holt Road, Little Snoring, NR21 0AY

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thanks joy I have plenty of time to sort somewhere lol back of a pub would be fine specially if they do meals :thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
This is about the nearest I can think of at the moment http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=3318
but these are not too far away
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5390
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=7837
although I would look for a pub in the area I'm sure most would let you overnight if you have a drink or meal etc
also these
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=10709
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2361

there is also a couple of sites in Fakenham one at the racecourse but the one at Little Barney is definitely the nearest although from memory not exactly cheap even if you use their CL site

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thanks for input I like the look of the green man :ROFLMAO: couldn't find web site so have sent email :Smile:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
yes this is one i have always wanted to do again, ideal if we would take RV as it was a VERY long journey on the coach when i went a few years ago. so will look on with interest Hillary

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
got email back from green man at the moment its £10 per night plus 3 for leccy but if 2 people eat they wave site fee only charge leccy. Says may do same deal this December and is sending me a brochure in post. Sounds promising :Smile:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I've lived within 20 miles of the place since birth, (many moons ago), never set foot in the place!

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
Organplayer

Went to the Thursford Xmas show few weeks ago, for 6th time over last 10 years or so. Phil Kelsall on that superb Wurlitzer Theatre Organ. The show had a cast of 130 we were told. As usual the auditorium was full. Bookings to

attend the show must be made in Feb/Mar to be sure of getting seats. oopps.

Our little club uses the campsite at Swaffham.

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Thanks but that's what I thought I may be able to do last year but car park attendant was not having it that's why I ended up in lay by:Sad:

Hi, we were there December 2013 & loved the show. It was our first rally with Hymer Club International (do I get banned for saying that?) & we stayed over that night then had 3 nights at the Old Brick Kilns. So I guess there could be a Funster rally there...

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
You can count me in for this one, if it does turn into a rally! :thumb:

and even if it doesn't!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun