French aires (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Since I have found the link for this for another thread , thought it might be of interest to others Link Removed
Fantastic app for anyone on android will tell you all the aires near you and how far and a map to get there and loads of other stuff , used it last year in France and found it fantastic , does cost 99p but what's that. Thought everyone knew about it but obviously not as it is far better than park4night which someone has put up, but afraid it won't work on ipad.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
That looks good.
I use one on the iphone called Aires CC. Its handy, but in French! Most of the information is pretty logical to translate but its not as informative as Chaser's suggestion.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Since I have found the link for this for another thread , thought it might be of interest to others Link Removed
Fantastic app for anyone on android will tell you all the aires near you and how far and a map to get there and loads of other stuff , used it last year in France and found it fantastic , does cost 99p but what's that. Thought everyone knew about it but obviously not as it is far better than park4night which someone has put up, but afraid it won't work on ipad.

As if I really need it,As I have all Addie's autoroute stuffon my lappie, but the format and principle that I don't need to be online could be a winner. Nice one :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I found the link from stickers on all the emptying and water fillup things in France so I thought it would be common knowledge , don't know if it works on laptops, but as I only use an android tablet for satnav and stuff , it just installed and was brilliant and integrated with google maps and will even navigate you from home, or wherever you are, I now have a new android phone and went to install it on that and it just went in automatic without paying again. Nothing else you need , fantastic:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That looks good.
I use one on the iphone called Aires CC. Its handy, but in French! Most of the information is pretty logical to translate but its not as informative as Chaser's suggestion.

Sorry but I have an ipad at home and it won't work on that I'm afraid, don't know why they haven't done an app for that as it really is a winner

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Update

Been looking at other phones, trying this app and it appears to only work on android , won't work on ipad or windows phone so presumably it doesn't work on laptop either, can't understand why such a brilliant app is only on one platform, it really is the dogs b , don't have to be connected to wifi or phone , it knows where you are and shows all the aires around you , you can even look at it in google earth straight from the app but obviously you need wifi or phone for that, to see what it is like before you go.
Link Removed
If you are on android and going to France you won't find a better app for 99p:Smile:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
I've just downloaded this but it is only showing about five or six aires - I assume this is because I am still in the UK? I haven't had a fiddle with it yet, but will!

Thanks Chaser

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp

I would have bought this but it's only up to ice cream sandwich, we have since had jelly bean and now kit kat (Nexus 7) so unfortunatly a bit out of date :Sad:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Are there any similar apps available for the iPad ?

Vlad

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great little app. Just d/l it onto my Jelly Bean Samsung s2 and its working fine. Can anyone explain the different colours on the icons please.

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Great little app. Just d/l it onto my Jelly Bean Samsung s2 and its working fine. Can anyone explain the different colours on the icons please.

Well if it works on Jelly Bean i thought i would give it a go.

I can now confirm it works on Nexus 7 running Kit Kat so it should work on all android cos there are very few things running Kit Kat yet :thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would have bought this but it's only up to ice cream sandwich, we have since had jelly bean and now kit kat (Nexus 7) so unfortunatly a bit out of date :Sad:

Don't follow you, sorry , I have nexus 7 with jelly bean , and a phone as well, works perfect on both

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Are there any similar apps available for the iPad ?

Vlad

Park4night is the next best I think, it's what I have on my ipad, but you have to be connected to use it, but for planning its fine:thumb:

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Don't follow you, sorry , I have nexus 7 with jelly bean , and a phone as well, works perfect on both

When i checked the app out it was listed as working up to ICS (ice cream sandwich) My Nexus 7 has just updated to Kit Kat from Jelly Bean (Why not yours?)

There is usually a lag after updates when some apps don't work, not in this case.

I paid my 99p to test for me and anyone else running later systems after ICS. :thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My Nexus 7 has just updated to Kit Kat from Jelly Bean (Why not yours?)

I haven't been on it since November , I'll have to have a look , only use it in the van, got ipad at home, not better in my opinion just bigger screen and so easier to use:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
On my nexus 7 i have version 4.2.2 what is that please? :Sad:

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
yun yum

I have just upgrades from a kit kat to a cherry bakewell tart yum yum !!!!
Ted :Cool:

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Park4night is the next best I think, it's what I have on my ipad, but you have to be connected to use it, but for planning its fine:thumb:

Until december you can use park4night offline with the PRO in-app subscription

Functionnalities of the PRO version

1. Offline access
  2. Compass of places
Subscription's prices are
£ 1,72 monthly or £ 8,42 annual

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.tramb.park4night
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/park4night.com/id430946556?mt=8

+10 700 places in Europa
+13 000 pictures
+10 000 commentaries

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I was going to see if I could download a good overnight app but I have Sherry Trifle on my tablet. I must remember to move it off the table when we have a birthday party...... :Doh:
Allan

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Until december you can use park4night offline with the PRO in-app subscription

Functionnalities of the PRO version

1. Offline access
  2. Compass of places
Subscription's prices are
£ 1,72 monthly or £ 8,42 annual

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.tramb.park4night
https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/park4night.com/id430946556?mt=8

+10 700 places in Europa
+13 000 pictures
+10 000 commentaries

Well looking around it, it does appear to have been upgraded to the same as the other one now but you do have to pay for it.:thumb:

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Well looking around it, it does appear to have been upgraded to the same as the other one now but you do have to pay for it.:thumb:

Yes some functionnalities need the paid PRO subscription (offline access) but you can try the app and keep it for free with the online access.

Park4night is a social app to share nice spots between motorhome users.
We have more than 10.000 places, parking, car park camper, service area, camping, night on the farm, picnic area.

Our application (android and ios compatible) provide azimut, pictures, commentaries, traductions, score... and a lot of others functionnalities.

For thoses reasons I hope we are a little bit more than others :winky:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes some functionnalities need the paid PRO subscription (offline access) but you can try the app and keep it for free with the online access.

Park4night is a social app to share nice spots between motorhome users.
We have more than 10.000 places, parking, car park camper, service area, camping, night on the farm, picnic area.

Our application (android and ios compatible) provide azimut, pictures, commentaries, traductions, score... and a lot of others functionnalities.

For thoses reasons I hope we are a little bit more than others :winky:

Are you a motorhomer or just on to promote park 4 night, tell us a bit about yourself, do you come to the uk.:thumb:

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
I'm Fred and I got a Renault Traffic van and live in Normandy (France), just in front of UK.

I already go 2 times in UK but with a schoolbus, but most of time I go on the south to find sun :Cool:

Since years I try to speak english but it's difficult for me. Hopely you can't hear my prunciation :roflmto:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I'm Fred and I got a Renault Traffic van and live in Normandy (France), just in front of UK.

I already go 2 times in UK but with a schoolbus, but most of time I go on the south to find sun :Cool:

Since years I try to speak english but it's difficult for me. Hopely you can't hear my prunciation :roflmto:

Ben alors c'est qu'il est franchouillard le Fred! J'avais pas vu... effectivement quelques fôôôtes de ci de là , rien cependant qui ne puisse s'arranger. Je continue à en faire et pourtant je pratique chaque jour que Dieu fait!
Si quelques cours peuvent t'aider.... je n'ai pas bcp de temps mais on peut tjrs arranger ça!

Je me demandais pourquoi tu branchais nos amis sur ce site, vers ce "park4night"... donc purement désintéressé??

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

Sorry folks a bit of colloquial french, much quicker for me! Nothing against you though... you don't need to worry:winky:

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Salut Frankie,

Oui franchouillard mais il se soigne ;)

Je regardais les sites qui parlaient de nous (car je fais parti de l'équipe park4night) et j'ai lu une erreur sur notre application alors je voulais rétablir la juste vérité. Et puis j'ai passé un peu de temps sur ce forum pour apprendre les mots techniques en anglais ça fait pas de mal !
Je pensais surement être le seul Français c'est raté !

============================

Hey Franckie

Yes frenchy but he take care ;)

I looked website speaking about us ("us" because I'm in the park4night's team) and I read a mistake about our app then I wanted restasblish the true. After I spent a little time on this forum to learn technicals word in English. It's good for me !
I thought I was the only French it's missed !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back