LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Our Shurflo water pump -model 2095-204-413- decided not to work at the New Year Rally.

(We coped thanks to wet wipes and the loan of a dog-washing portable shower from Sandra Armytwowheels ::bigsmile: )

The motor isn't running at all. We checked all of the electrical connectors and borrowed Techno's electrical testing gizmo to ascertain that there was indeed power going to the pump.

Back home now, we've removed the pump and Barrie attached it to a car battery and the motor runs and spurts out some water.

What should we now be checking in the motorhome? (In words of one syllable please - we are musicians not electricians :Smile: )

There appears to be just one fuse for the 12v circuit which I would think would mean the lights etc wouldn't be working either if it was dud.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
make sure the two 'spade' connectors on the wiring at the pump are spotlesly clean and also the blades the connectors slip over.

slide the connectors on and off the blades half a dozen times as a staring point then check again.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if youve got power to the pump and it works when the pressure switch is bypassed, then that would indicate a faulty pressure switch. pretty common fault and sometimes a firm tap on the housing will bring it back to life for now. i would replace the switch though

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
if youve got power to the pump and it works when the pressure switch is bypassed, then that would indicate a faulty pressure switch. pretty common fault and sometimes a firm tap on the housing will bring it back to life for now. i would replace the switch though

I've googled replacement pressure switches but can't find anything.

I'll get the lump hammer out and try that.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

wrong...the pump works if connected directly to a battery so the pressure switch is working correctly.

unless there is a stand-alone pressure switch in circuit but shurflo & fiamma pumps have integral pressure switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
did you check all the taps when it wouldn't pump ????
some taps have switches in them instead of having a pressure switch so if it has the switched tap system one of the other taps may work.

OP
OP
Janine

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Wooohooo..I think we've found out where the problem is - it's a dodgy switch on the ZIG panel.

Now all I have to do it find out how to get the front off it to see if it's just got some grot in it...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's a 20 psi unit John a 412 theirs is a 413 30 psi but same prices £55 inc delivery

my mistake...along with ebay inefficiency.

entered a search for the correct pump number and never really looked at the results...just picked the cheapest on the first page.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back