Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement lock unit for my Adria motorhome.
I have been sufficiently ham fisted to bust the lock mechanism. :Doh:
I have put a temporary replacement in place but want to replace the unit so i can keep the same existing key for all locks. so want to find a lock unit to fit my key, which i have the number for.

I have attached a photo of the lock unit i wish to replace along with the key type for your information.

I hope someone is able to help, or am i resigned to using a separate key for this locker.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0582 (2).jpg
    IMAG0582 (2).jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a locksmith will be able to swap the "guts" of the broken lock with your replacement. dependent upon make, the master key for removing the lock guts may also be available on eBay. worrying i know, but using a specially cut key, you just put it in, turn and pull out the metal lock part:Eeek: then push in the replacement

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks i have a look at that, what i have done is broken off one of the locating pegs at the rear of the tumbler which turns the actual lever which locates in the lock receiver.

our Deal gave me a new lock and key ( which was good of him and helpful) but i want to keep the same key if possible.

i'll see what i can do about swapping the guts of the lock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
looks like a hartal lock to me. see this link for a new lock barrel guts and note how easy to remove they are
Link Removed

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
looks like a hartal lock to me. see this link for a new lock barrel guts and note how easy to remove they are
Link Removed

i believe you are correct, i have trawled and found similar just need to find one now with the correct number on the barrel:thumb: which may not be easy:Eeek:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
at the rear of the old unit there may be a clip or some lock units have a small hole at the opposite end to where the key goes, into which you gently push a straightened out paper clip which releases the last tumbler with the key in the barrel you may be able to get the old guts out without damage then you just swap the guts out of the dealer supplied unit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
at the rear of the old unit there may be a clip or some lock units have a small hole at the opposite end to where the key goes, into which you gently push a straightened out paper clip which releases the last tumbler with the key in the barrel you may be able to get the old guts out without damage then you just swap the guts out of the dealer supplied unit.

thanks for that , i am able to take the tumbler out ans swap as a whole but cant see any way of taking out and moving the guts to keep the key.

but i will keep at it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back