Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Just joined.

I'm a regular if not frequent poster elsewhere but couldn't resist coming over here to see what I'm missing:winky::winky: Strange that the only forum I have ever posted on is a motorhome one.

We have had 4 motorhomes since 1991 and enjoyed every moment in everyone. Our current Adria is now 8 years old but we can't find anything better for us so we will keep it for now. We use it every month even if it's just a couple of days away and then for 6.-8 weeks in France in May/June and then again in August/September. We want to go further than France but just get stuck there 'cos we enjoy it so much and France is so big we can do well loved places and then some new ones. Wild camping is not for us. We like quiet municipal sites.

Think I've posted this in the right place, but with my technical skills you never can be sure:Blush:

Sue

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Sue & Liam,
Welcome from the Isle of Wight,
Yes must agree France is our preferred destination, although been to Belgium and Holland. We usually go to France every other year and in between stick to the UK, this year it's UK (unfortunately), off to Scottish borders / Lake distrist / North Yorkshire, plus a couple of other destinations at various times.
:sin: Terry :sin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Sue and Liam welcome to fun.

I think I know you :ROFLMAO: I am Gerry married to Lorraine who if I'm correct used to work with you at the training center.

We also have an Adria which we swapped our Elddis for in February this year and love it to bits. So far we have been to Slovenia in it during the summer and then had a week in Berlin at the end of September as well as a few weekends.

No doubt will see you around somewhere as normally see you both out walking.

OP
OP
S

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Hi Gerry - yes of course I remember you and Lorraine. So glad to see you are enjoying the MH life. I think the last time Lorraine and I talked of holidays, you were destined to go to France with a tent .... from little ideas.....!

I think I saw one of your posts earlier this afternoon and wondered who the person with the Adria in Dumfries was. Well now I know!

Thanks to you Gerry and the others for the welcome.

Happy traveling

Sue

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just get stuck there 'cos we enjoy it so much and France is so big
Sue

Quite right, in a whole lifetime you could not fully explore France. And if you really like it what's wrong with keep doing that ?

Or.

You could nip through the Mont Blanc tunnel and see the quite different style of Italy. We just can't go without an Italian fix at least every other year. And being boring olde fartes we head for the same places then wander off to find new. One thing is for sure, we are never disappointed.

Our first love was Lake Maggiore then we found Lake Garda which is more touristy with more to see and visit.

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Hullo

Hi there and welcome to FUN.

Simon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Sue
Lorraine says hi, yes we headed to France with our folding camper about 8 years ago and then changed to a caravan before opting for the MH about 5 years ago. We have seen some places we would never have thought of visiting if we didn't have the MH.

Happy new year and all the best

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back