http://m.mobi-data.co.uk. Wifi (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
http://m.mobi-data.co.uk
Anyone know anything about this, apart from what it says on the site, looks good to me but poor site , no details but seems to be a data sim that works worldwide at the same price from about a fiver a gig:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would want to know what provider they use.. For me, abroad, Vodafone is a big hit.. Womans fone is never without signal, but the UK ? I know everyone has their own 'bestest mate' supplier, but where ever we go in the UK it seems to be my T Mobile that works and her Vodafone struggling

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have looked into it a bit more now, you have to click on terms and conditions on the page I have put up and you can get further into it , it seems amazing (to good to be true:Doh:) £4.95.a month for a gig uk plus 100mg in Europe free and loads more if you pay more if you sign for three months you get treble amount per month goes down to about a penny a gig:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
In one place it says vodaphone costs .040 a gig and theirs is .001 and three is .020 never been into this stuff before but it seems to good to be true as I said before:Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno about to good and all that.. I got me an ovivo sim for the ipad about 6 months ago..
Single payment of £15.00 And that was it.. Allowance is low but there is no repeat fee, no further payment at all providing you stay within the allowance.. As I use it for the occasional google and email the allowance for me whist travelling is just fine !!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Dunno about to good and all that.. I got me an ovivo sim for the ipad about 6 months ago..
Single payment of £15.00 And that was it.. Allowance is low but there is no repeat fee, no further payment at all providing you stay within the allowance.. As I use it for the occasional google and email the allowance for me whist travelling is just fine !!

Does it work worldwide

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Out of curiosity what was the allowance please? Also can you use it abroad and at what cost please. I understand that Ovivo use ads to fund their service - are they very intrusive?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Seems better than ever, what's the catch with this one, why is it free, can't see anything about Europe , does it work there, is it free there, is it a good connection?

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Out of curiosity what was the allowance please? Also can you use it abroad and at what cost please. I understand that Ovivo use ads to fund their service - are they very intrusive?

Data bundles for tablets:
http://www.ovivomobile.com/offer/ovivo-for-data/

Note you have to put up with their adverts. I haven't used their service, so have no idea how many / often, or how intrusive the adverts are.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Does it work worldwide

No idea.. but I doubt it.. If we are travelling a lot from country to country we make use of Womans Vodafone account as it is not too bad at all.. If in a country for any length of time grab a cheapy sim in that country

Absolutely free after the first payment is 1 gig per month
But going over that is not exactly fiscally crippling :winky:

As mentioned, you do get an advert pop up every now and then but the data it uses for them is not counted in to your allowance and to be honest an advert every now and then for a virtually free internet service is a small price to pay :thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Seems better than ever, what's the catch with this one, why is it free, can't see anything about Europe , does it work there, is it free there, is it a good connection?

Their European allowance is 100 mb free / per month. After that 15p per Mb...

Our 3G Broadband SIM only plans are cheaper than those on the high street, with the added benefit of coverage across 39 other countries. Plus, when you travel to these countries you will receive 100MB FREE, if you exceed this, the charge will only be 15p/MB.

For my purposes when travelling abroad whether for work or play it would be prohibitively expensive.....

https://mobi-data.co.uk/eu-saving.php

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ovivo SIM

Their European allowance is 100 mb free / per month. After that 15p per Mb...

Our 3G Broadband SIM only plans are cheaper than those on the high street, with the added benefit of coverage across 39 other countries. Plus, when you travel to these countries you will receive 100MB FREE, if you exceed this, the charge will only be 15p/MB.

For my purposes when travelling abroad whether for work or play it would be prohibitively expensive.....

https://mobi-data.co.uk/eu-saving.php

Can I ask anybody who has an Ovivo Sim how intrusive the adverts are please. At the moment I am thinking of getting one and putting it in a mifi and I wonder how that has worked out for others.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would say I got an advert about once every 20 or 30 pages or so

Might sound a lot but in reality it is far from being intrusive :Smile:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
My questions (and callumwa's) were about the Ovivo SIM referred to by Jaws, not the mobi-data SIM you have quoted.

Can I ask anybody who has an Ovivo Sim how intrusive the adverts are please. At the moment I am thinking of getting one and putting it in a mifi and I wonder how that has worked out for others.

Now that ovivo has finished what are you all on now, has anyone tried this mobi-data thing, I am still looking as we are off to France next month, went out for a week last week and soon got rid of my O2 allowance so thought as I have a spare windows phone I might get one of these mobi- data things to just use in that, anyone tried one?:winky:

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That's a no then:Sad:

I have been touring in France and Spain since 14 March, so did not know that Ovivo had gone until you said. I was using their SIM in my old phone so that it could act as a wifi hotspot when we were out and about in the UK. No good now!! I will probably continue with my giffgaff SIM and buy a goodybag now and again instead.

At the moment I am using the EurpaSIM card in Europe for the same thing. E3 per day, but only only get charged on the days you use it, For that you get 500Mb data and 50 minutes per day. Good if you want occassional internet and the site/aire does not have wifi.

I am afraid I have not heard of mobi-data so can't comment on it.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have the mobi but i have never used it at 15p a mb for oversea data its bloody expensive
i also have the europasim but for the life of me i cant get the bloody thing to connect so will take it to Peterborough and ask motorhome wifi to see if i can get the europasim to work i have tried other sims and the europa seems the best value and its on the vodaphone network

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
i also have the europasim but for the life of me i cant get the bloody thing to connect so will
Have a look on Europasim's own website, they have good FAQ section which deals with setting it all up. Once I followed their instructions I had no problem. But you may have problems it seems if you are using higher levels of Android (they will explain) because you can't manually set the APMs to what is needed to get the special rate.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
im tryin it in my mifi not a phone and i have done everything there is to do even contacted them this is the 3rd sim and it seems really starnge they aint working ?

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
im tryin it in my mifi not a phone and i have done everything there is to do even contacted them this is the 3rd sim and it seems really starnge they aint working ?

As I say mine is working in my old Android phone that I use as a mifi, so not sure I can help anymore. I will be at Peterborough too, so may be worth comparing notes once you have spoken to motorhome wifi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back