Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I had one for my nikon 7000 it was super sharp....and fun.......for the first two weeks.....then the novelty wore off and I went back to more flexible lenses and sold it.

barry

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
As above, got one for my D300, a few weeks later it was up for sale, there are only so many fisheye shots you can take.. ended up buying a Tamron 90mm makro lens. That was a keeper
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I've. Got one which I use on an eoS 60d.
I have no issues or problems with it at all. I don't use it a lot Because It has quite limited application. Inside of churches, wide landscape shots etc. a lot of weight to carry around all the time for the few situations you want it.
HOWEVER when those situations do arise you are SO glad you carried it.
Don't think about using it with flash! Even with a diffuser you just end up with a bright spot in the middle of the shot.

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
I found the 10-20 quite nice but as one of the other guys said the novelty went very quickly. The one I use the most is a 50 fixed fast lens but obviously that's no where near as wide.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If it's fisheye effects you're after you could consider a .45 wide angle converter added to the front of an existing lens. I did this with my Fuji S9600 and was very happy with the outcome, although there was some vignetting and the autofocus didn't work with it. The main advantage was the converter cost me less than £30, so it's no huge loss if you don't take to fisheye photography.

Personally speaking, it's the gadget I miss the most since switching to a Canon DSLR, as I can't yet afford a very wide angle lens.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back