New site at Silves,Portugese Algarve (1 Viewer)

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Quinto do Sobreiro country park Silves.
We are at present on a beautiful new rural site 3 km west of Silves. It has room for about 30 vans at 3 €and 2.5€ for EHU pn. There is a small bar / restraurant ,swinmming pool ( if you are brave enough ), also a 3 bed villa part of which contains toilet, shower and washing machine which during winter months can be used by campers.
I can't believe the quality of this place for the money. Well worth a visit .
The English owner is in the process of building a website as we speak .
N37 degrees 12.168 W 008degrees 24.248

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
bookmarked for January

Thankyou :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
:thumb:Silves Camper Stop

All details with photos John, although price is shown as €6. Maybe cheaper in winter search Faro/Silves

I'm sure we will be there soon :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
The information i gave you yesterday was not quite correct this site is east of Silves not west (sorry)and not be confused with another new site west of Silves which is an aire and also very good.
Regards photos i think the website will be up and running shortly ,also I forgot to mention the site has free wifi .

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
The information i gave you yesterday was not quite correct this site is east of Silves not west (sorry)and not be confused with another new site west of Silves which is an aire and also very good.
Regards photos i think the website will be up and running shortly ,also I forgot to mention the site has free wifi .

Now you'r confusing us, is the one you are at not the one I posted?

There are so many springing up in Portugal I find it keeps me busy trying to update my maps.

On trying your co-ordinates Google didn't like them, but if you are East of Silves it must be a different one.

OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Kieth ,yes it's not the one you posted my apologies don't know my east from my west ! We have traveled the full length of Portugal and the whole of the Algarve and this is the best rural site we have been on .Looking forward to the new year when more people arrive. Regards DAVID

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
N37 12.168 w 008 24.248

Now you'r confusing us, is the one you are at not the one I posted?

There are so many springing up in Portugal I find it keeps me busy trying to update my maps.

On trying your co-ordinates Google didn't like them, but if you are East of Silves it must be a different one.

Try google map search in this format:

N37 12.168 W 008 24.248

I got a site near Silves and the address:

EM1152 224T
8300 Silves, Portugal ‎ 398 m E

I hope I am not confusing everybody as well :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Try google map search in this format:

N37 12.168 W 008 24.248

I got a site near Silves and the address:

EM1152 224T
8300 Silves, Portugal ‎ 398 m E

I hope I am not confusing everybody as well :thumb:

I did the same and came up with the same answer, but also another point in a field showing decimal co-ords. 37.202800, -8.404133.

I guess we will have to wait for the web site for directions.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Quinto do Sobreiro country park Silves.
We are at present on a beautiful new rural site 3 km west of Silves. It has room for about 30 vans at 3 €and 2.5€ for EHU pn. There is a small bar / restraurant ,swinmming pool ( if you are brave enough ), also a 3 bed villa part of which contains toilet, shower and washing machine which during winter months can be used by campers.
I can't believe the quality of this place for the money. Well worth a visit .
The English owner is in the process of building a website as we speak .
N37 degrees 12.168 W 008degrees 24.248

I think the simple answer is to ask the owner for the correct map details as we went today and there is no way the site we looked at was rural on the settings above as it was along side a supermarket and packed with only 5/6 spaces left..........

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I think the simple answer is to ask the owner for the correct map details as we went today and there is no way the site we looked at was rural on the settings above as it was along side a supermarket and packed with only 5/6 spaces left..........

John Just read this over on the other forum "On the N124 5 km East of Silves with normal MH sign"

I was wrong with the one I thought it was which is West of Silves but the OP was wrong when he said West and later corrected himself

OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi John , you found a very good site but this one is better in the opposite direction along the 124 past Lidel supermarket for 2miles opposite a bottling factory marked with a motorhome sign ,better look next time .Regards DAVID

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
John Just read this over on the other forum "On the N124 5 km East of Silves with normal MH sign"

I was wrong with the one I thought it was which is West of Silves but the OP was wrong when he said West and later corrected himself

Yes mate we went to the one today you pointed me at, however that us not the one. Fingers crossed the OP will get correct "cords" from owner as I have found a few references to this place some with pictures, but none with correct directions. No wonder the there is no one staying!!!!!!!:Doh:

OP
OP
J

Jersey joe

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Jersey c I
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi John ,this place is so easy to find ! over the Bridge at Silves turn right on the 124 past Lidel and it's 2 miles on the left . Regards David

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Hi John ,this place is so easy to find ! over the Bridge at Silves turn right on the 124 past Lidel and it's 2 miles on the left . Regards David

David, we "recced" on our scooter today and failed without the correct "cords" it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. What is Lidel do you mean Lidi's - the simple answer is to ask the owner for "cords" for GPS as he/she must know as I would hope he/she is putting them on his/her web site.

More than happy to support a new site if I could find it....:RollEyes:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
P1020376.JPG

Should be OK with this to find it. On the N124 East of Silves

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Did you find it John?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Did you find it John?

Keith, have no bothered as not moving until middle of January so loads of time and "Pedro's Place" is spot on. :winky:
I know a picture paints a thousand words, but a grid reference is worth it's weight on gold........

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back