Always nice to have a laugh at your own expense... (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
It's been five months now of pathetic light from the overhead triple ceiling fixture in the lounge area. Changed the bloody bulbs and still no improvement. I'll tell you I was seriously considering a trip to Hobby in Germany to get it fixed, I mean it's just not good enough is it? Having to squint at books in the evening time, almost got to the point where we needed a set of those headlights.
So the other day when i was whinging on about it to another m/homer he asked me which switch it was. I pointed it out and he placed his finger on it AND kept it there. suddenly the light began to intensify till it seemed like the sun had just risen. A DIMMER - oh jesus - what a Twerp.
I've just jumped into my complete body armour suit and am ready for the comments!!
ponyboy

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hello.
I know just how you felt,got back to a c/van years ago late at night,no lights,checked fuse etc,wired in second battery,zilch. While this was going on,best part of an hour,the wife kept asking,"Have you checked the isolator switch ?". I B well have,my reply.My mate,a qualified electrician came across and fiddled,suddenly we were bathed in light..... "What did you do i asked ?"................. Switched the ISOLATOR ON !!! OOOOPS.
You will be laughing about the dimmer for years to come,HAPPY DAYS.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
1468773_636042606453109_645520093_n.jpg

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Don't you just hate it when that happens !

"Have you turned it on ?"

"Have I turned it on !....................oh shit, not again"

Totally green, I took my van in to a dealer, luckily they couldn't look at it right away, had it booked in. In the meantime had time to ponder and really peruse the wiring diagram. Hardly slept, every fuse in the world checked, van nearly taken to bits, and ok, looking for master isolater switch, In the blooming footwell having thought that it was something to do with an electric step, click - and there was light !! Told the missus it was a fuse of course :Blush:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
On My first Bessie I had a tow bar fitted, I also bought a trailer for the Smart car,I was messing about with the trailer lights to get them all working ,it turned out to be a fault on the electrics, but it blew the side light fuse on the van, on checking the fuses there seemed to be a spare set down the side, so me being me mended the side lights with one of them, a few weeks later I noticed the dipped headlights were not working, so took it to the Fiat dealer still under warranty, they found the fault a missing fuse, now I wonder who took that out. :winky::winky:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A few years ago, I couldn't get the Truma E cab heater to function. I knew it was a gas problem, as the little red warning light told me so. :RollEyes:
Off I went checking the gas tank valve, and the contents. All okay there. Next I lit up each gas ring in turn, then the oven, then the grill, then the fridge/freezer, then the Truma C Combi boiler. All worked fine, so I phoned a reputable MH dealership near us, (well known on here), who said that it was probably the PCB, and that if I fetched the MH up to them, they'd take a look at it for me. Very accommodating. :thumb:
Apparently it was a common fault, and they had the new PCB in stock. Nice one, I thought. :Smile: I agreed to give them a shout when I would visit them.
A couple of days later, as I was in bed fast asleep, I suddenly woke up, (as if there had been a big bang and a flash of light :whatthe:), with a rough idea of what the problem was. As soon as I got up and dressed, I went out to the MH and true enough. :Doh:
I had only isolated the gas supply to all appliances prior to the MOT............and had forgotten to turn the heater gas valve on again. What an ar#se?
:Doh: :Blush: :Doh: :Blush:

Cheers,

Jock. :winky:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

I do good stupid and have been bullshitting people that I know what I'm doing all my life...........

The best cock up was taking all the boat trailer lighting apart, changing lamps and cleaning connectors until it was discovered that the plug was not actually connected :Blush::Blush:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Not our faux pas, but quite amusing.

We bumped in to another motorhomer a couple of years ago and I mentioned that I was going in for a shower.

'Oh, that must be nice having a hot shower in your van.'

'Don't you have a shower in yours?'

'Yes! But there is only cold water so I don't use it.'

'Let's have a look. Have you tried this switch? How long have you had your van?'

'Oh About 4 years'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back