Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Sit4lg1zw"]Interlink express YJ58EHO - YouTube[/ame] things to look out for when driving at night

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
that could be a bit of a shocker, i hope the video footage was sent to his boss:Eeek:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Although the overtake was misjudged I thought the truck driver kept his cool and did the best of a bad job. Just my opinion.

Had there been more traffic it could have had a very different result.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when was the driver turning on his headlamps ?

and if they were headlamps I would seriously consider changing them.

could, of course, have been a really crap dashcam.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
when was the driver turning on his headlamps ?

and if they were headlamps I would seriously consider changing them.

could, of course, have been a really crap dashcam.

I think the driving skills of the MH owner must be queried !
Just how slow were they going?
When you think most HGV wagons are restricted and have trackers,then if you take into account the ease the lorry overtook the MH ,perhaps we're looking at a driver that drives at night to avoid traffic when they should be flying on holiday instead!

Vlad

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the lorry going the wrong way round the roundabout was the interlink express vehicle. the company posted an apology of sorts in the comments of the youtube clip, repeated below

Bobby Hare

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Sit4lg1zw&google_comment_id=z13ijbh50yzzhja2b23hh1srlu3lh3j5204"]1 month ago[/ame]

The Interlink Express Management Team is aware of this incident and takes it extremely seriously. After this video came to our attention, we carried out a full investigation and subsequently took the appropriate action.

If you have any queries, feel free to drop us a note to marketing.dept@interlinkexpress.com

Kind regards,

Bobby - Interlink Express Social Media Team.

what great advertising for the company. mind you they probably pay peanuts so expect monkeys driving.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
the lorry going the wrong way round the roundabout was the interlink express vehicle. the company posted an apology of sorts in the comments of the youtube clip, repeated below

Bobby Hare

1 month ago

The Interlink Express Management Team is aware of this incident and takes it extremely seriously. After this video came to our attention, we carried out a full investigation and subsequently took the appropriate action.

If you have any queries, feel free to drop us a note to marketing.dept@interlinkexpress.com

Kind regards,

Bobby - Interlink Express Social Media Team.

what great advertising for the company. mind you they probably pay peanuts so expect monkeys driving.
is this a uk based incident and if so when did they change from going clock wise round traffic roundabouts must have happened over Christmas while I was sleeping
and the chevrons on the roundabout must be wrong to direction of chevrons clock wise?

Last edited:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Although the overtake was misjudged I thought the truck driver kept his cool and did the best of a bad job. Just my opinion.

He got away with it, what he should have done is braked and returned to his side of the road as soon as he could, not keep going hoping all was going to be ok. So many accidents happen with that attitude.
Allan

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Had this happened in France the vehicle being overtaken would have been in trouble, over there as soon as another vehicle pulls out to pass you are supposed to lift to allow them round

I think it says similar in our own highway code, in my opinion the one being overtaken in this video was being bloody minded and nearly caused an accident by not letting the lorry round, presuming he saw him coming

Although as previously posted, without seeing vehicle speeds it is hard to work out the detail

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I 'think' the camera is in a lorry due to the height off the road.. Plus the speed seems to be about 40ish which would be legal limit for a big 'un on single carriage road..

Cannot condone what the other driver did of course but have to agree, under the circumstances and the fact he could proly see on if there were any oncoming headlights.. well you know what I mean.

Mind you, if something had tried to join the roundabout from the right they would have had a shock !!!!

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-

Misjudged??!! I don't think a court of law would see it that way. It was dangerous driving in the extreme. I see the company concerned have "dealt with it." The driver should have been sacked at the very least. Had it reached court he almost certainly will have been disqualified.:Angry:

Followtheox

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
banbury
Funster No
MH
Coach built Autotrail
Exp
2 years
The overtaking lorry did not have enough road before the roundabout to complete the overtake and should not have overtaken . However if you are being overtaken and being observant and not bloody minded, you would have seen his problem and braked to allow him in. The overtaken vehicle driver is equally at fault here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back