Can Anyone Help My Spanish Friend's Daughter? (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My friend's daughter has been working in Birmingham for some time and is due to fly back to Portugal on Jan 18th.

Apparently they want a small fortune to fly her luggage with her.

My friend asked me IF I was in England and returning to Portugal could I help.

I can't but I said I would ask on here if anyone was going down to Portugal from the Birmingham area and could help her.

JJ. :Cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not wishing to put a 'damper' on this but please ensure that WHOEVER takes the luggage is fully aware of what is in it - ideally they should look through it - if they then get stopped by customs for a routine check will help smooth the process if they know exactly what's in it and there are no surprises .... not 'illegal' ones ... but 'naughty' ones!!! :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Not wishing to put a 'damper' on this but please ensure that WHOEVER takes the luggage is fully aware of what is in it - ideally they should look through it - if they then get stopped by customs for a routine check will help smooth the process if they know exactly what's in it and there are no surprises .... not 'illegal' ones ... but 'naughty' ones!!! :roflmto:

OMG OMG OMG...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

P'S. When I smuggle my drugs and bombs and arms I use my People... not Funsters...

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The only thing i am "smuggling" out of the UK will be a large amount of Bacon, strongbow and Cathedral mature cheese... :winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We can get cathedral cheddar in Lidl here in Portugal.
Tez loves it.

Sorry JJ can't help you with that, as you know we are already in Portugal.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I must say I am quite surprised to find that there are one or two members here who seem to believe that there are Funsters who need to be advised to check the contents of a suitcase before they take it on board their van for someone else.

It seems to me to be rather like advising Funsters to breathe or eat food... :winky:

P'S. This bloody updated Chrome browser doesn't scroll down to the Tahoma font... grrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
They used to do half pallets when i last used them

Mel

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
When you've helped JJ out, I've got a couple of suitcases to come to Manchester from Columbia.

You need to take a case out with you for me too if possible and meet a man called Miguel in a dark room with his mates. Just swop the cases for me please. It's all legit :winky:

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My friend's [HI]daughter[/HI] has been [HI]working in Birmingham for some time[/HI] and is due to fly back to Portugal on Jan 18th.
JJ. :Cool:

Not sure a whole pallet would be needed for [HI]one suitcase!
[/HI]

Ever the optimist, JJ :ROFLMAO:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
The only thing i am "smuggling" out of the UK will be a large amount of Bacon, strongbow and Cathedral mature cheese... :winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bloody Hell Steve, That'll lot will set the sniffer alarms off with a vengence when you get to customs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I must say I am quite surprised to find that there are one or two members here who seem to believe that there are Funsters who need to be advised to check the contents of a suitcase before they take it on board their van for someone else.

It seems to me to be rather like advising Funsters to breathe or eat food... :winky:

P'S. This bloody updated Chrome browser doesn't scroll down to the Tahoma font... grrrrrrrrrrr

there are funsters who open dodgy email links JJ, but we all know not to do it. :RollEyes:

iris maria

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
hi. I will open all my bags without any problem, I dont want to cause any problem to anybody, I just have clothes and shoes noting more, and thank ypu very much JJ I know you are far but even far your always there, thank you very much:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
JJ not coming your way so not much good to you, I do remember watching a programme about a company who would fly students suitcases all over for them a lot cheaper than the airlines would, maybe another funster will know the name.

Good luck

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ah!

I see my friend's daughter Iris has signed onto Fun.

Funsters (bless you all) are so eagar to help that the original request for help can get all muddled.

I have no doubt there are many, many ways of sending luggage from the UK to Portugal.

I was just wondering if any Funster was about to make the trip and could help actually taking it.

iris maria

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Thank you very much to everybody for all the information.
I will see the best way to send the baggage and try to get a low cost fly......
JJ THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything ....I WILL SEE YOU SOON IN PORTUGAL....::bigsmile:
Thank you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back