LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
we are off soon for dover getting the tunnel around 6pm anyone else there for that time we will be off for benidorm weather aint to clever now and gonna get worse so will make the journey in about 2 hrs time

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
You lucky people I am sat here recovering from an operation, and looking over at my yard where the RV is sat waiting to go, except I can't drive for another month. So I just keep visiting the funsteers and do my travelling through you guys. Hope your trip goes well, and let us know how the journey went, and what your site is like.:thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol sorry to hear that still just think wen u go mine could be over villasol we are heading for and by all reports should be good lot of funsters down there so wont get lonely get well soon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
You lucky people I am sat here recovering from an operation, and looking over at my yard where the RV is sat waiting to go, except I can't drive for another month. So I just keep visiting the funsteers and do my travelling through you guys. Hope your trip goes well, and let us know how the journey went, and what your site is like.:thumb:

Me too, off work for 6 weeks following an operation Christmas Eve so no driving! Still it gives me a lot of time to research places to visit when we do get away, although its a bit slow trying to type one handed :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
sittin at tunnel terminal now hour half delay i bet the bastards have over booked as usual

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Two weeks today we'll be back at Villasol. Can't bloody wait! ::bigsmile:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Another 8 days for us, found a sleepyspot near to tunnel, cant wait, :Smile:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
:winky::winky::thumb:
Another 8 days for us, found a sleepyspot near to tunnel, cant wait, :Smile:
We're getting the tunnel on 2/1/14 but plan on gettin there possibly the day before,where's this sleepyspot that's closeby then? I normally sleep on the front down by the marina but it's a bit of a pain going down into dover then back to the tunnel 22miles round trip, waste of fuel,and they won't let you park up in the tunnel car park till nearer your crossing time for whatever reason I don't know.gwyntaxi.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Bon Voyage

Safe journey Bill, waiting for Pauline to recover from her operation and then be off( we hope)

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
:winky::winky::thumb:
We're getting the tunnel on 2/1/14 but plan on gettin there possibly the day before,where's this sleepyspot that's closeby then? I normally sleep on the front down by the marina but it's a bit of a pain going down into dover then back to the tunnel 22miles round trip, waste of fuel,and they won't let you park up in the tunnel car park till nearer your crossing time for whatever reason I don't know.gwyntaxi.

Found what could be a sleepyspot on GE, will be trying this out, off the M20 for the tunnel
51° 5'31.42"N 1° 2'53.47"E

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We will be crossing on the 2nd then heading down to Villasol. Got a fantastic rate from them and look forward to meeting other Funsters when we arrive on site.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Arrived at Villasol this morning. Plenty of pitches down near the road but a bit thin higher up in the site.
Good run down. 36 hours from Dover to Villasol.:thumb:
Will now probably be led astray by the Funsters.

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Have to wait till Feb for us :Sad:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yep Feb for us to, back end of Feb though, Portsmouth-Santander, hope the crossing is kind to us.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Happy New Year Funsters now it's time to get us organised for our trip :thumb: Portsmouth Santander 10th Jan and on to Villasol hope there are some pitches left seems like you have made a takeover bid :ROFLMAO:
look forward to meeting up with you all
how's the weather and is the Wi-Fi working :RollEyes:

see you soon
Sue & Eric

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Sue & Eric, vacant pitches are in short supply at the moment here at Villasol. However there are quite a few people packing away ready to move on in the coming days. All should be back to normal by the time you arrive. The site WiFi is not very good at the moment, this could be due to the amount of people using it. Weather today is superb, blue sky, warm sunshine and about 22'c at the moment. The Funsters had a great New Years Party last night at the Tropical Bar, most of us were tucked up in bed by 4am. We look forward to meeting you here at Villasol, safe journey down, we are on pitch 432, come over and say hello when you get here.

Brisey & Pamelaaar.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Ditto to Brisey. We are on pitch 332.
We are currently using a local sim in our ipad. Would have used our mifi but I have forgotten the password and cannot for the life of me remember it.:Doh:
Have a safe trip down.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
We are currently using a local sim in our ipad. Would have used our mifi but I have forgotten the password and cannot for the life of me remember it.:Doh:
Have a safe trip down.

Hi Graham
If you haven't changed the password it is on a sticker on the inside of the back cover - well ours is.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Have a safe trip down.

Is it a good idea then to buy a mi-fi never used one ? amazon advertising unlocked is this what we need ? And then do we buy a Sim in Spain ? Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks Sue :)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi Graham
If you haven't changed the password it is on a sticker on the inside of the back cover - well ours is.

In my infinite wisdom I changed the password to something I would easily remember :ROFLMAO: I have reset the mifi but it does not seem to reset the password.
Gloworm an unlocked mifi would be a good option. I am going to have a chat to UKBill, he sourced a prepaid 3gb sim for 25 euro. If I get the details I will let you know.
Graham

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Is it a good idea then to buy a mi-fi never used one ? amazon advertising unlocked is this what we need ? And then do we buy a Sim in Spain ? Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks Sue :)

if we are still here when u get here look me up got a sim for 25 euro but comes to 30 euro with tax and sim cost for a 3gig there are 2 places in the indoor market but Oh Please! dont go to andys 1 he is more interested in cash than customers and dont use lebara ours is with hits and it great
as for a unlocked mifi u can get 1 here for 59e got pete sorted for 89e for unlocked mifi and 3gig internet also the sim of course is ok for all over spain im on pitch emmmmmmmmm i cant remember but look for the funsters plag and the roaring laughter hopefully we can get enough noise up to scare people away and make room for the funsters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
if we are still here when u get here look me up got a sim for 25 euro but comes to 30 euro with tax and sim cost for a 3gig there are 2 places in the indoor market but Oh Please! dont go to andys 1 he is more interested in cash than customers and dont use lebara ours is with hits and it great
as for a unlocked mifi u can get 1 here for 59e got pete sorted for 89e for unlocked mifi and 3gig internet also the sim of course is ok for all over spain im on pitch emmmmmmmmm i cant remember but look for the funsters plag and the roaring laughter hopefully we can get enough noise up to scare people away and make room for the funsters :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just ordered Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem £44 from Amazon I hope this will do the job:RollEyes: will be delivered Monday and then we on our way Thursday hope you are still there when we arrive look forward to meeting all the [STRIKE]noisy[/STRIKE] funsters :winky: planning on arriving 13th see you all then:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back