LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
After the rain eased off yesterday (Xmas Day) as they forecast at 6pm`ish.......... the winds did come,,,,,, and how... :whatthe::Sad:

Sat dishes were being put away and anything that could blow away was nailed down.... "Boy" didn`t it blow... :whatthe:

I usually have a walk round the site at night to guess who was getting amorous.... but couldn`t tell last night, every caravan & M/Home was rocking.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Woke to still strong winds and it`s not long eased off enough to put Sat Dishes up...

But what a glorious day... started with Fresh cooked "Spring Rolls" and cake and a get together round at "Rosies" & her hubby.. (Forgot his name already :Doh::Sad:)

Then took Judy and Paul for a ride up to Calpe and Moraira... blistering hot sunshine...

Stopped for Café - Con - Leche... alongside Moraira Marina... then a bit of touring around..

Thought I had died and gone to heaven.... found this fabulous beach (See First Photo).. But was so windy not a soul on it.... :cry::cry:

The others, are somewhere near there... (Forgot where they were/are) but what a cracking day...

Forecast is for much of the same for the next week or so..

I love being a "Romany"... :winky:::bigsmile:

PS................. I know how to get rid of Germans...... Put a wind break up between you when it`s blowing a gale.... Flap, Flap Crack all night... didn`t he moan at me cos that's all he could hear all night... I didn`t hear much... anyway after grumbling and moaning he up sticks and left... :Doh: Sorry Mr German Neighbour..... :Sad:

Attachments

• P1040504 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1040504 (600 x 450).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 141
  • P1040517 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1040517 (600 x 450).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 133
  • P1040540 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1040540 (600 x 450).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 129
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
[HI][/I usually have a walk round the site at night to guess who was getting amorous.... but couldn`t tell last night, every caravan & M/Home was rocking.. HI]

remind me to put stabalisers down to stop me rocking when your around Mo.:ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
If its a rocking, don't come a knocking, :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Mo we thought on Xmas eve the wind when it was a rocking and rollin it was gonna take us out to visit you there in the warm climates ... it was scary is understated .. 'twas was very scary indeed lolol ..

But the pics you have posted have shown how much you are all enjoying . Hopefully whilst on our adventure we can meet up some where along the way and share a bevy or two and exchange some tales from along the way xxx

Wishing you all lovely and healthy new year ...2014 xxx

John n Kath xx .

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Hi Mate
Looks like we are not missing being there-re weather wise.

We are still at Parc Verger/France. Christmas day was a wet start, then the Sun came out for a while. No heavy winds.

Rain during the night and this morning we had bright Sunshine, out getting a few jobs done as the same with others on site, As the Sun went down its cooled off a bit. But no winds.

You better get the weather sorted matey as we will be down that way in next couple of weeks..We Think !!.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Today it was 18ºC here in the city and will remain warm or even warmer tomorrow (Friday) but there is a big drop in temperatures expected for Saturday.

On Saturday they are also expecting heavy snowfalls across the North from East to West and, of course, the Pyranneas with a strong North wind which will even lower the temperatures down here!

Bet the crossings from UK to Bilbao or Santander will be very choppy to say the least!

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo we thought on Xmas eve the wind when it was a rocking and rollin it was gonna take us out to visit you there in the warm climates ... it was scary is understated .. 'twas was very scary indeed lolol ..

But the pics you have posted have shown how much you are all enjoying . Hopefully whilst on our adventure we can meet up some where along the way and share a bevy or two and exchange some tales from along the way xxx

Wishing you all lovely and healthy new year ...2014 xxx

John n Kath xx .

Be great to meet up again... :thumb:

Hope you and Kath have a good new year... :beer:

You take it easy on them Ski`s.... your not getting any younger,,,, and at our age...

Bones break easy... :winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mate
Looks like we are not missing being there-re weather wise.

We are still at Parc Verger/France. Christmas day was a wet start, then the Sun came out for a while. No heavy winds.

Rain during the night and this morning we had bright Sunshine, out getting a few jobs done as the same with others on site, As the Sun went down its cooled off a bit. But no winds.

You better get the weather sorted matey as we will be down that way in next couple of weeks..We Think !!.

It only rained Xmas day,,, Brian.... with a bit of wind.... but back to normal now... :sin::sin::sin::thumb:

Catch you and Chris later I hope... :thumb:

PS........... Smudger came down for a visit this morning,,,, before he heads of to Zahora for the :party2::drink::drink:..

He looks well... :thumb:

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Was the same at Javea Mo, windy today but nice and sunny, should be nice for the next 10 days from tomorrow. :thumb:

Moraira :Doh: We will be there tomorrow for the market. :RollEyes:

You should have come to Javea, Sundowners and another funster have been free loading on the waste land here for the last week, :winky: unless they got blown out to sea last night, they should still be there. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Might have a cycle down there tomorrow and have a look, trouble is I need to loose a pound or two, and Pamala feeds us. :Doh: :roflmto: Bob.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped....... and a get together round at "Rosies" & her hubby.. (Forgot his name already :Doh::Sad:)
It's Graham. :winky: A bit of an alright sort of guy, who is good with a twelve stringer, and likes his St Omer 8%. :roflmto:
Say hello to them both, from Rita and I please Mo. :thumb:

Round the coastal path from Calpe, there is a smashing little Tavern/Bar next to a Marina. I appreciate the coastal path might be very impractical, however, road access is good.

http://goo.gl/maps/R2aph

http://goo.gl/maps/mDdaT

It's wild and windy back home, but sun forecast for later, with temperatures reaching a dizzy 9 degrees. :whatthe:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back