man missing ,his camper van found (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Our neighbour slipped into a ditch whilst walking his dog. Apparently he struggled for some time before he was able to scramble out. He now carries his mobile phone with him.
Fellow Funsters Be Prepared.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Very easy to get into trouble when walking alone - a few years back we were walking on a remote part of Cornwall and the wife caught her foot in a bramble and went face down - fortunately nothing broken - lightly sprained ankle and very badly winded - was nearly 30 minutes before she was fit to move and then only with help.

If you are alone in this type of situation without good waterproofs and warm clothing etc. then shock and hypothermia can set in very quickly. If we are walking remote areas we always leave our route and phone numbers with someone advising estimated time of return ( easily done these days by text) asking that if we do not report in by that time they try and contact us failing which advise the authorities of the situation.

Do hope they find him fit and well - the weather is atrocious

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Many years ago I learnt from the doctor who attended the scene of a man who had dropped off for a second or two when driving along the M40.

The car swerved off the road, through the hedgerow and down a slight dip.

He was trapped there for days only yards from a busy motorway and thought his end had come.

At last he was spotted and saved.

Life hangs by a very thin thread for all of us.

I try to make the best of mine at all times.

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Many years ago I learnt from the doctor who attended the scene of a man who had dropped off for a second or two when driving along the M40.

The car swerved off the road, through the hedgerow and down a slight dip.

He was trapped there for days only yards from a busy motorway and thought his end had come.

At last he was spotted and saved.

Life hangs by a very thin thread for all of us.

I try to make the best of mine at all times.

JJ :Cool:

We have noticed[/B]:winky:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Sad, Hope this has an Happy ending for his family .

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
A couple of years back my brother was walking home around 1.30 from his local club where he helps out with the books, he only had a couple of drinks, where he lives is down hill and around a bend at the top, he side stepped some dog dirt and slipped of the kerb, breaking his shoulder when he fell it took him around 45 min's to sit up and get his mobile phone to get the ambulance, so you don't have to be out in the wilds to be in a dangerous position this was in January even though he was in sight of his house, the 999 centre phoned his wife to let her know where he was, has she was walking up the hill a Fox was walking down, up until then he thought it was a dog licking his hand which was stuck behind him, he had to have a replacement Joint. Pete

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I used to walk quite regularly around Crowden and The Dark Peak area of Derbyshire. It had been a bad winter, not managed to get onto the tops much, but February of that year was really spring like, so off with dog and onto the tops behind Crowden Youth Hostel. We had done a couple of miles, when suddenly I got this 'dead' smell under my nose, and thought at first it was a sheep that had succumbed to the very hard early winter weather, but from the path I spotted a boot. It was the body of a professor from Manchester, who had disappeared the previous November, (so I later learnt).
No mobile reception, so I hiked back to Crowden, and managed to find some workmen laying a pipeline. They had a two way radio for emergencies, and got the police out. Then another trog back up into the hills. As it was, it was next day before they could get a stretcher up to recover the poor sod. He was too far gone for a COD to be established. :Sad:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
has life would have it my best friend [ my dog] instead of going next to the grass.decided to go up a small slope.i then had to go up slope to get rid of it. on the way down one foot went one way the other foot went somewhere else.and I finshed up with a broken ankle.guess what no phone.so had to limp hop home.for the wife to moan at me for not taking my phone. and say it was only about a mile. :Doh::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back