Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2006
Anyone know of any good salvage yards for motorhomes? Done a search on google and can't really find too much - mostly caravan stuff.

I have a 2009 chausson flash 14 based on a transit and am looking for a back window (one just above the beds either side)as my nearside one is smashed (thanks to 8 year old nephew!)
Also looking for a rear light cluster panel (plastic) on near side, as that is also smashed. (thanks to my reversing skills!)

Thanks

Tim

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have looked cant find one ether but you will find that most parts are caravan retro fitted to motorhomes I would have a look at second hand caravan parts
ore get in touch with manufacturer of you're van

or if your like me patience will get you the right part just keep looking
ther is a big place in Grimsby one in hull and one in Castleford I needed to get a window for my old van that is how I got mine
sum picks and dimensions would help
bill

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I understand you may be after used... If you decide on new try Stowmarket caravan... I ordered a replacement flyscreen door.. they got it from trigano in France.. Once they had it they next day delivered it to me.. Very efficient and fast..

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Unfortunately they have been unable to help me twice......once for locker hinges and once for a replacement sink :Sad:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I use magnums at grimsby.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

kelpbeds

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2006
Cheers for the replies chaps. I did get a quote new of £375 for all the bits. Was just trying to save some readies by going salvage. Will give some of the scrappies you recommended a try.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The rear light cluster could be a generic part from Hella which may be a lot cheaper than OEM. If you remove the units there may be a part number and the Hella trade mark.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I use magnums at grimsby.

We tried to find them last year, using the post code, on the way back from Saltfleet. Ended up in a dead end street of terraced houses and had to reverse about 100 yards with vehicles parked either side because there was no room to turn round :Smile:

I since tried to find the place on Google Maps so that I could use co-ordinates in future but couldn't even find them then :Smile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
breakers are useful for really general stuff, but windows of a specific size and tint is asking the impossible. with motorhomes, only a few hundred at most of each model are made yearly, unlike 100000 or more cars

for a specific window to match the original only a new replacement will come close, affecting value of the vehicle

as already suggested http://www.eeco-ltd.co.uk/ are cheaper than original and you will have trouble spotting any difference

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The last show that O'learys had a stand at was Shepton in 2012, I know because we bought loads of stuff off them - they'd got a lot of the chattels from a dealer who'd closed down so were trying to sell it on as they had outgrown their numerous warehouses and didn't want to have to rent another one!:RollEyes:

I spoke to Russ (his wife is Mick O'Leary's daughter) who said they just don't do shows any more as they are too busy, also by the time they've paid for the stand, fuel, accommodation etc they didn't really make anything, so not worth doing any more. The Shepton show was an exception to their 'new' rule.

Shame as we used to love rummaging around their stands and have bought loads of stuff off them over the years but obviously it has to make economic sense for them.

Note, that O'Learys are NOT a salvage operation, they don't break motorhomes/caravans - all the goods they sell are new, it may be old stock, excess stock from other dealers or manufacturers, or be seconds, but it isn't ever a used item - Russ was very insistent that I make sure this came across loud and clear when I did an article on them for 'Mart' a few years ago (I only live a few miles away).

Their website only has a fraction of the items on it that they have - give them a ring with the details of what you need and they might just have it!

OP
OP
K

kelpbeds

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2006
Great replies,

have emailed eeco and will check out the other scrapyard mentioned tomorrow.

Will also try the 'Hella" tip!

cheers folks! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back