Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Hi
We have 12 nights at the end of April and plan to head across or rather under the water to France landing in Calais!

Any ideas of somewhere good to go?

Would like somewhere with sun, not a city. Somewhere to cycle prefer flat ish. Scenic. Distance not a mega issue but would like to keep toll costs at a reasonable level.

We have done Holland, Mosel, Rhine, St Tropez, Agde, Dordogne, Ill d'oleron? Happy to aire and or asci. I'm considering south france near Narbonne or Alps or ??????:RollEyes:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
western France.... Rochelle, ile de re, ile de oleron...

Great for cycling. You dont get much flatter than ile de re...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ile d'Oleron is pleasant, had a few days there in September. But in April? It is the Atlantic so expect weather like the UK at that time of year.

For sun you will have to head south but you don't have a lot of time with only 12 days and if you want to reduce toll fees by taking the scenic route, which will take longer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Thanks we are happy to do some tolls and yes I'm thinking further south, but also think Italy etc too many decisions. But I think Northern Italy might be a bit cold too

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Don't want to spend to much on tolls?Why not look at top of Croatia via Germany Austria etc.Great sites and good weather.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Oh no now you have started me on one!!

Croatia is further than I would like to go for only 12 nights! But do able and so tempting!! More research needed!!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi
We have 12 nights at the end of April and plan to head across or rather under the water to France landing in Calais!

Any ideas of somewhere good to go?

Would like somewhere with sun, not a city. Somewhere to cycle prefer flat ish. Scenic. Distance not a mega issue but would like to keep toll costs at a reasonable level.

We have done Holland, Mosel, Rhine, St Tropez, Agde, Dordogne, Ill d'oleron? Happy to aire and or asci. I'm considering south france near Narbonne or Alps or ??????:RollEyes:

For the amount of time you have...Mmmmm..12 nights..then as stated by a few members west coast Atlantic France...or south coast of Brittany...
You will have lost a two days in travel, coming from the uk through the tunnel to france and going back on the same route.....
Then there is the journey through France...FRANCE is a lot bigger than most people think..so unless you want to drive for long periods...then two days or more going down to the Atlantic and two days or more back....that's taken up at least a week in sleeping and driving :Doh: and not sat relaxing:RollEyes::winky::winky:....

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hiya, Google the Meuse and or Marne. Both rivers / canals. Lovely cycling and aires / halt nautiques to stay on. Far enough on a 12 day trip IMHO. Sun, is by no means guaranteed anywhere unless you would prefer to fly! Jane ::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you take L D lines night ferry Newhaven Dieppe say on a sun night you can be on The Med by mid morning tue without killing yourself and the only real toll is over the MILLAU BRIDGE. BUSBY. :roflmto:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
The Millau Bridge is quite amazing but you don't really appreciate it as you are crossing it. It's worth coming off and seeing it from below to realise how amazing it is.

Wyn
If you take L D lines night ferry Newhaven Dieppe say on a sun night you can be on The Med by mid morning tue without killing yourself and the only real toll is over the MILLAU BRIDGE. BUSBY. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back