Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
good moaning peeps :Smile:
anyone who is at villasol i have had a chat with pete (knuckledragger) who says the wifi on the site really is hit or miss does anyone know if its a low signal or a bandwidth problem or maybe pete plugging his dongle into the tv :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We decided to use our mifi with a Digi - mobile 20€ for 2 gb. You can also buy 3g for 20€ but you cannot use Skype with this - special offer at the moment. There is a really nice English guy in the indoor market called ' 'Andys' who will set you up if you have problems. He gets very busy. No problems so far. Very good wifi / mifi signal everywhere we have been.

We have also so far collected around 6 local fee wiffies which we use when visiting.

Others are using the sites two 'unlimited' internet who will be along soon...

Hope this helps

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Andrew, was there a charge for the sim ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Andrew, was there a charge for the sim ????

Hiya Steve, no straight 10€ for one gb including the sim. They retain 1€ to keep the account active for when you want to top-up. Good signal in Benidorm, not sure about rest of Spain yet.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
andrew if ya at villasol can you checkout ken and pete (beerdrinker1 & knuckledragger) they are also there and having probs with the wifi maybe that sim will sort them as well :Smile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
andrew if ya at villasol can you checkout ken and pete (beerdrinker1 & knuckledragger) they are also there and having probs with the wifi maybe that sim will sort them as well :Smile:

I did see them earlier and asked, will do again and see if I can help. :thumb:

Going to the local bar around 9pm tonight (raining a lot here :cry:) might see them there again.

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Re Internet on Villasol , Brian is using site Internet. I am using AhoraNet South and the server dropped out for 24hours, but it's been fine since. Brian says he might use AhoraNet when his site subs run out.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i will still check out a carrfour sim on my way down

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No

All sorted. :thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
around 99p for unlocking most mifi's worth having it done

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
any new arrivals here yet me and sis been down with the benidorm bug 1st time i been layed out and not been drunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
any new arrivals here yet me and sis been down with the benidorm bug 1st time i been layed out and not been drunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope you both feel better soon. The Blues Brothers will be missing you.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

I got the "Zahora" bug... :cry:

Perhaps it was the Beni Bug laying dormant till we got down here.. :RollEyes:

And just come out... :RollEyes:
:ROFLMAO:

Don't know why I put a laughing smiley.... cos I aint laughing... :cry: I feel for you.. :Smile:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
We here:thumb:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I got the "Zahora" bug... :cry:

Perhaps it was the Beni Bug laying dormant till we got down here.. :RollEyes:

And just come out... :RollEyes:
:ROFLMAO:

Don't know why I put a laughing smiley.... cos I aint laughing... :cry: I feel for you.. :Smile:

Hope it passes quickly Mo. Anita had it for about 48 hours.
Glad to say that normal service has resumed here. Brisey and Pamelaaaar keeping us out until the wee small hours.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
P.S. It's just started raining :Sad:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hope it passes quickly Mo. Anita had it for about 48 hours.
Glad to say that normal service has resumed here. Brisey and Pamelaaaar keeping us out until the wee small hours.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
P.S. It's just started raining :Sad:

Feel a bit better today than yesterday.. :thumb:

I`m glad to say we were not put under the influence of Brisey and co.. managed to hide every time we saw them coming towards our van... :winky:::bigsmile:

Dull & overcast here this morning, with rain forecast for later & tomorrow.. :Sad:

But it will be warm rain... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
dull and overcast here this morning as well feeling a bit better maybe it was the large amount of brandy ken forced on me last night pete also has the bug if this keeps on it may force spain back into recession if we dont go wine drinking soon :ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are on the pitch in front of the cleaners villa, right next to the WiFi Ariel, (Villasol 4). Signal strength is great but downloads speeds are crap. I can manage to read news, do my emails etc but no chance with Skype. Some times I can't even log on. Guy behind me has had WIFI company man out but was a waste of time. I will stick with it for now as I've paid for a month up front.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
go to the indoor market get a hits sim from the wifi store NOT ANDY's 1 its will cost u 30e overall and that will give u 3gig for a month used mine since i got here and still going strong
but u do need a mifi or a dongle which is unlocked or they sell mifi's for 59e unlocked site wifi a ahora is crap

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
go to the indoor market get a hits sim from the wifi store NOT ANDY's 1 its will cost u 30e overall and that will give u 3gig for a month used mine since i got here and still going strong
but u do need a mifi or a dongle which is unlocked or they sell mifi's for 59e unlocked site wifi a ahora is crap

There supposed to be changing supplier next week, here at Zahora..

I`m having to use it because there is a tree in front of where my dish points to the internet satellite..

And I have been on each day at all times of the day & night and it has been great..

We are on Hecam03,,, by the first toilet/shower block... maybe we hit lucky on our plot.. (177).. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back