Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just recently started happening. When the flush on our Thetford Cassette toilet runs out and is
refilled it seems to take a long time to 'prime' itself - almost like it develops an air lock. I have found that by holding flush button on for an extended period it will eventually work. I now try not to let flush get too low and then we don't have a problem.

Any ideas anyone? :Smile:

Rob

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I find that most things in my mh take forever to prime themselves if I let them run out ... e.g. hot water tank.... I wouldn't worry about it. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just recently started happening. When the flush on our Thetford Cassette toilet runs out and is
refilled it seems to take a long time to 'prime' itself - almost like it develops an air lock. I have found that by holding flush button on for an extended period it will eventually work. I now try not to let flush get too low and then we don't have a problem.

Any ideas anyone? :Smile:

Rob

Same issue here once - resolved by filling the tank right up to brim full and then trying it. We try not to let it run dry nowadays and take the chance on the freezing in the winter, which should not happen as we tend to put gentle heat on when really cold (van drained except for flush tank anyway)

Exit the above assumes a flush tank separate from system

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I find that most things in my mh take forever to prime themselves if I let them run out ... e.g. hot water tank.... I wouldn't worry about it. :Smile:

Yes - I always worry a bit when filling up after a drain down and trying to get water into the hot water system.... The pump runs for ages. I tend to run a bit, switch off for a minute, run again and repeat as necessary (with the taps open) until the running and spluttering stops (that was not me trying to run 10k, by the way...:winky:)

Hope that helps

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Yes - I always worry a bit when filling up after a drain down and trying to get water into the hot water system.... The pump runs for ages. I tend to run a bit, switch off for a minute, run again and repeat as necessary (with the taps open) until the running and spluttering stops (that was not me trying to run 10k, by the way...:winky:)

Hope that helps

Don't worry about damaging the pump by letting it run till the hot tanks full.

My automatic drain valve operated on one occasion and the Shurflo pump, which I'd forgotten to turn off, was running dry continuously for a fortnight before I noticed (van in storage) the pump is still fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back