Cheap(er ) place to get work done on the chassis cab (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If you are in the Norfolk, Suffolk, Cams or even Essex or Lincoln, I have fallen on a place here in Thetford that is VERY reasonable with charges and I have been impressed with the work he has recently done for me.

Some comparisons.

Cam belt change .. Best quoted elsewhere £325 DKM Charged me £185 ( He supplied the parts but said he was happy to let me get them. As he was going to use the genuine Pug kit I let him supply )

Exhaust system .. As I have mentioned before, my van is an 06 pre-facelift 2.8 Boxer.. From new the thing had no cat on it and it is not specified for the model/chassis number ( yup.. bloody weird ) Cheapest quote elsewhere £400 + !! :Doh:

DKM charged me £88 including fitting ( and I have checked.. it IS the double skinned one that should be fitted )

Dave noticed a slight weep from the header tank feed pipe.. Fixed it, replaced the antifreeze FOC 'as a courtesy'

His fone number is 01842 753733

It is only a small place ( just barely gets my bugger in but then it is a tad bigger than most ) but the chap is proper old school and really knows his onions..

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not in my area but you never know if something will break when on holiday and i am frequently around that general area:thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Took two hours to do the belt.. So it is even possible to make arrangements with the guy to do it while your on a trip.. always pop in to town.. Lots of eateries, lots of history.. lots of lovely sites.. Just fone him so he can get the parts in, leave it with him and get a bit of lunch.. collect it later and carry on ( or pop in here for a wee dram and hook up for the night :winky: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Great to know that, thanks for posting the info. ::bigsmile:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Took two hours to do the belt.. So it is even possible to make arrangements with the guy to do it while your on a trip.. always pop in to town.. Lots of eateries, lots of history.. lots of lovely sites.. Just fone him so he can get the parts in, leave it with him and get a bit of lunch.. collect it later and carry on ( or pop in here for a wee dram and hook up for the night :winky: )

Last time we were in Thetford, we thought we had been teleported abroad, so many foreign languages heard, nice place though, need my cambelt changed before March, been quoted £385by Ford&Slater, May ring your fella. Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Best quoted elsewhere £325 DKM Charged me £185 .

That's plain stupid, he's killing himself for nothing. Do him a favour and educate him.

You, you're one of The Good Guys, you've taken advantage of him.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
LOL !! His hourly rate is £35.. Compared to most out there that is bloody reasonable and close to what I charge ( £30.00 per hour )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back