Chester Meet - Paypal payments (1 Viewer)

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Has anyone paid online using Paypal ?
If so, check if you have been charged the credit card fee. I was charged the extra and have phoned to complain. This will be rectified by the end of the day.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Apparently we should not be charged anything for using Paypal.
You will need to phone and let them know, as they didn't realize there was a problem until I phoned

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Paid using paypal, and my total was ÂŁ97.08 inc EHU, and ÂŁ2.58 was a credit card fee! Only just noticed it on my booking details printout.

Robbing b :censored:2 s !

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Paid using paypal, and my total was ÂŁ97.08 inc EHU, and ÂŁ2.58 was a credit card fee! Only just noticed it on my booking details printout.

Robbing b :censored:2 s !

Ours was ÂŁ2.92 :Doh: Funny the name appeared to be 'squirrel' ?
They seem to be doing that with the money. :Angry:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Sellers are not allowed to pass the paypal charges onto the paypal buyers.

If this is a major problem report the seller

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Sellers are not allowed to pass the paypal charges onto the paypal buyers.

If this is a major problem report the seller
The kind gentleman that I spoke to was unaware of the problem but said he would get his IT man to correct it. Don't know if they will refund you though. I cancelled my transaction when I saw additional charge.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have never understood companies who do this.

When I price things I calculate all costs including payment charges, add my margin and charge that as the rate.

I make a few pennies more off people who pay by debit card :ROFLMAO:
Never had a complaint yet because everyone pays the same price.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone paid online using Paypal ?
If so, check if you have been charged the credit card fee. I was charged the extra and have phoned to complain. This will be rectified by the end of the day.
Well it hasn't been rectified.

I've been charged 88p - is that correct?

Apparently we should not be charged anything for using Paypal.
You will need to phone and let them know, as they didn't realize there was a problem until I phoned

Ours was ÂŁ2.92 :Doh: Funny the name appeared to be 'squirrel' ?
They seem to be doing that with the money. :Angry:
Mine was also ÂŁ2.92 WITHOUT EH, couldn't see the option for it but will ring tomorrow to book over the phone and also to tell them the "problem has NOT been rectified.

The kind gentleman that I spoke to was unaware of the problem but said he would get his IT man to correct it. Don't know if they will refund you though. I cancelled my transaction when I saw additional charge.

RESULT !!
paid over the phone by credit card - no extra charge
It pays to complain
:Smile:
It does indeed, they will have another in the morning.:Sad:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Chester meet

:Smile:I have been charged ÂŁ2.92 for paying by paypal :RollEyes: I have e mailed Heather and am awaiting a response I will let you all know how this turns out as this will effect many fellow funsters :winky:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I rang my order through as was having trouble on web site, they took my debit card details but then managed to charge my paypal account, not too bothered as it comes from the same account

I chose to book electrics, knew the price before I booked so am not now complaining, but am more surprised at lack of comment on here to that charge rather than the relatively small fee for paypal, they will at least have had that cost or even a bit more

We will be hard pushed to use ÂŁ35 worth of electrics

ÂŁ3 will barely get me out of our town in fuel, doesn't seem worth the trouble of reclaiming to me

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I rang my order through as was having trouble on web site, they took my debit card details but then managed to charge my paypal account, not too bothered as it comes from the same account

I chose to book electrics, knew the price before I booked so am not now complaining, but am more surprised at lack of comment on here to that charge rather than the relatively small fee for paypal, they will at least have had that cost or even a bit more

We will be hard pushed to use ÂŁ35 worth of electrics

ÂŁ3 will barely get me out of our town in fuel, doesn't seem worth the trouble of reclaiming to me
Feel free to complain to the people responsible.
The Paypal charges should never be passed on to the customer.

Last edited:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I suspect the ÂŁ35 fee for ehu is not for useage so much but for them to have a firm install hookups on the field for the duration of the camping. Fair enough I suppose!

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I rang and spoke to Heather, she asked me to fill in a form that she sent me by E mail, and on receipt would then ring me for payment. This form was absolute rubbish cobbled together in a hurry in word. I filed it in fully emboldening the information and highlighting it in red to make it easier to read. Heather came back and said it could not be read at her end and could I convert it to PDF format, not sure how I can do this even if I have the facility on my computer. Had devils own job to find where I saved anyway so I'm getting a bit frustrated with the whole business. Since there appears to be a lot of us attending they have come to the conclusion they need some sort of paper trail and have come up with this awful form, anyone else had to fill one out?
If they don't take my payment over the phone I have a good mind to pull out I am that peed off with them.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Well I rang and spoke to Heather, she asked me to fill in a form that she sent me by E mail, and on receipt would then ring me for payment. This form was absolute rubbish cobbled together in a hurry in word. I filed it in fully emboldening the information and highlighting it in red to make it easier to read. Heather came back and said it could not be read at her end and could I convert it to PDF format, not sure how I can do this even if I have the facility on my computer. Had devils own job to find where I saved anyway so I'm getting a bit frustrated with the whole business. Since there appears to be a lot of us attending they have come to the conclusion they need some sort of paper trail and have come up with this awful form, anyone else had to fill one out?
If they don't take my payment over the phone I have a good mind to pull out I am that peed off with them.
I printed off the form filled it in with added extras such as discount etc,
scanned it sent it back as an attachment and she phoned me back and it was sorted. simples

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes, it crossed my mind to do the same if there was a problem with the second form I E mailed them but no one has rung me back (yet), won't be today that's for certain.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Yes, it crossed my mind to do the same if there was a problem with the second form I E mailed them but no one has rung me back (yet), won't be today that's for certain.
I have to say they were very polite and helpful and didn't charge me for using credit card

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'll be better in the morning Dawn.
Morning Dawn, almost poetry.