Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone using one?

I know its a Google device, but don't they have USB that you could connect your camera and external drive?

Is it an option of the Motorhome, low power usage, fast boot etc..

Thoughts?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Will a chromebook run the software you want? Yes, they have USB ports but are they capable of working with external drives designed for Windows/Apple (I don't know but worth checking)?

One thing is for certain, chromebooks are designed for on-line working, not desktop.

Have a look at .. I've had a similar one for the van since January and it's great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
GET ONE THEY ARE ACE
:thumb:

I use one all the time not subject to virus nor do they need constant updating
well worth the money

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My android tablet (Google Nexus) does not have a full sized USB port but you can buy a thing called a OTG cable for a few pounds off Amazon which gives it one. Can't see why this also shouldn't work for the Chromebook but whether you can run an external drive off it is a different matter. I use the OTG cable to connect a small card reader so I can take the SD card out of my camera and read the images off it. However, Android file management is a bit weird. You can get apps which are supposed to be file managers but it is a bit of a dark art. You will probably, for example need to download the media importer first. If you do a bit of Googling you can find out how to do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back