Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
So lets use this thread for Abbafanster posts from here on in.
We have two options for music, Tribute Band or Disco, might be worth considering having our own set up, maybe some members have disco gear or experience as a DJ, we could hire the gear maybe. Just offering food for thought, all input gratefully received so don't be shy, let's hear it.
I'll go for four days and see how many object, go for thirty vans and see if we can make it more, just "working" figures for now.
Somewhere just north of Birmingham, Cannock Chase area maybe, anyone know somewhere or lives close by.
Please take the time to browse here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/calcdist.asp?md=10&l=52.718435&lg=-1.947052

Last edited:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are stopping on a little site in the chase in between Christmas and New Year, will check it out for Funster suitability.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:Sounds great !!!!
What time of year are we looking at ???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
::bigsmile:Sounds great !!!!
What time of year are we looking at ???

Sounds good to us to :Smile:
Ahhh, timing depends on availability and also if it will clash with anything already on the calender.
I'll let the thread run to gauge interest, then determine a date and find out what's available so please keep an eye on the thread.
Cal

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are stopping on a little site in the chase in between Christmas and New Year, will check it out for Funster suitability.
That would be great, if you can get back to me soonest.
I have done a search in the chase area but nothing came up with the facilities we need such as disabled access, on site bar, dogs welcome, showers, hard standing, EHU etc. I think for a group such as ours we need all of those things and probably some others as well so we will need to look a little further afield.
I'll spend some time on researching sites tomorrow and ring some up to test the water.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That would be great, if you can get back to me soonest.
I have done a search in the chase area but nothing came up with the facilities we need such as disabled access, on site bar, dogs welcome, showers, hard standing, EHU etc. I think for a group such as ours we need all of those things and probably some others as well so we will need to look a little further afield.
I'll spend some time on researching sites tomorrow and ring some up to test the water.

Arr, well I can tell you now the site has none of those things but they might be near by. Maybe a pub near by but the site does not have showers or loos. The chase is very protected so big sites are rare, I think the only sizeable site with full facilities is a C&CC but don't think there is a rally field. Also think we might be a bit raucous for the C&CC":ROFLMAO:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
A bit further out, Oswestry ???

The MCC often rally at the rugby club there.. Good venue, hardstanding and grass parking.
Large club room. Can be take your own drinks or they will put bar on.
Has showers and toilet facilities, Disabled access ramps etc..

Link Removed

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
A bit further out, Oswestry ???

The MCC often rally at the rugby club there.. Good venue, hardstanding and grass parking.
Large club room. Can be take your own drinks or they will put bar on.
Has showers and toilet facilities, Disabled access ramps etc..

Link Removed
Thanks for the info, I'll take a look but am looking at a few others at the moment.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We would definitely be interested, depending on timing; nothing booked for end of May yet - doesn't really matter where. Is this the original thread or have I been missing something?

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
abba

myself and sue are very big abba fans so would go anywhere within reason.but going back to the timing I hope it will be when we have a free week.after saying that if we knew when it was going to be well in advance we would make time. steve

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We would definitely be interested, depending on timing; nothing booked for end of May yet - doesn't really matter where. Is this the original thread or have I been missing something?
No, here is fine.:winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just a little thought, when booking and planning, it is worth looking at some of the big established show dated that pull in 70 plus funster vans so not to clash, sounds would be a good meet.

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just a little thought, when booking and planning, it is worth looking at some of the big established show dated that pull in 70 plus funster vans so not to clash, sounds would be a good meet.
Tried to PM you Carol, not sending so I'll put my question here. Can you please explain further, do you mean combine the ABBA meet with a show? Not a bad idea.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rita and I are also very keen on ABBA's music, so would be really interested in this meet, but like many others, it would depend upon when and where.

Good luck with the "meet project" Dogman. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Tried to PM you Carol, not sending so I'll put my question here. Can you please explain further, do you mean combine the ABBA meet with a show? Not a bad idea.

Hi Just logged on and seen your pm, and replied. :Smile:

No I didn't mean to join it on to another meet, it would make a great meet on its own, just thinking not to clash with one of the big ones, they have there own entertainment , so the Abba meet on its own would be good.

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We would be interested if we managed to get our motorhome reregistered

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:Smile:Looks a good spot !!
Will it take raucous funsters ??:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
this could be the answer ,but no pub ,there is a cricket club over the rd i have used this site a few times Link Removed
Looks quite a nice place if a tad "regimented", no pub is sad:Sad:. 25% cancellation fee is rather a lot, Refunds will only be given with 5 working days clear notice is a bit tough as well.
Would the cricket club allow us to have a band/disco do you know?
Might be worth a phone inquiry.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes we like this suggestion....so

1. We have used Red Lion Ice Cream Farm www.redlionfarm.co.uk about three miles out of Stafford. They have a cafe/shop on site and the local pubs may provide a mobile bar, woth checking out, because the last time we used this site they had a temporary meeting hall on site. This may be an extra, or the visiting group could have brought it themselves, if so then no go..............but may be worth a chat.

2. Oswestry C&CC site has its own meeting hall now, good hardstandings, with EHU, plus toilets etc. No bar, so would have to be bring your own, but the rates may be good if booked through the C&CC HQ.

3. Blackmore C&CC also has a meeting hall, with kitchen attached, booking again through HQ, this is a large 250 pitch site, so geting the hall to yourself could be difficult, but again worth putting in the pot.

Good luck, looking forward to the dates, and hopefully joining in.:thumb:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes we like this suggestion....so

1. We have used Red Lion Ice Cream Farm www.redlionfarm.co.uk about three miles out of Stafford. They have a cafe/shop on site and the local pubs may provide a mobile bar, woth checking out, because the last time we used this site they had a temporary meeting hall on site. This may be an extra, or the visiting group could have brought it themselves, if so then no go..............but may be worth a chat.

2. Oswestry C&CC site has its own meeting hall now, good hardstandings, with EHU, plus toilets etc. No bar, so would have to be bring your own, but the rates may be good if booked through the C&CC HQ.

3. Blackmore C&CC also has a meeting hall, with kitchen attached, booking again through HQ, this is a large 250 pitch site, so geting the hall to yourself could be difficult, but again worth putting in the pot.

Good luck, looking forward to the dates, and hopefully joining in.:thumb:

The dates I have in mind are 7th March - 10th March, not too much going on then, a few before and lots after, so I have born in mind that many of you are like me and not made of money to go from one to another without a "saving up" period between.
However there are other free periods available a little later in the year, for instance after Gails birthday bash I have nothing in my diary (you MAY have so let me know please) until 16th June at the Dorset Fun Rally, we could sort out something for that period if the majority prefer bearing in mind that Monday 26th May is Spring Bank Holiday and prices will be high even if there are any places left to book.
In MY diary most of July is free as is 8th - 26th of September, post here your preference.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Dates rule us out I'm afraid. Won't be back from the sun until mid April.

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We can't make it in March as we will be in the Maldives!!:Cool:
But can make most of the other dates mentioned :thumb:

OP
OP
dogman

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dates rule us out I'm afraid. Won't be back from the sun until mid April.

We can't make it in March as we will be in the Maldives!!:Cool:
But can make most of the other dates mentioned :thumb:
A few more of those above and I'll look at another date but you just can't please everyone, I'll do my best though. Have a great time by the way.
Cal

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Cal, sounds like a fun idea, an Abba weekender lol:Smile:
I guess you'll have to pick a date, which will fit in with whichever site you decide to book that has the right facilities, and also any Act you might want to sort out. (a logistical nightmare!)
If March (which is good for us btw:winky:) would almost certainly want a site with EHU as will need the rads on!!! And would of course depend on the amount of white stuff on the ground:Cool:
I think - as you probably know - you'll never get dates and venues to sort everyone - so just try to get something firmed up and pencilled in, and then see what the response is. (....not teaching you to suck eggs - just trying to be helpful:Smile:)
Have done a fair bit of event organising in the past when i owned the Brewery and it's never easy if you try to be all things to all people.
Remeber the phrase 'Build it and they will come' :yeah:
The idea is a good one, so good luck and will see what/where/when you propose!!!:thumb:
Hope to make it - 2014 we are gonna go mad and get to as many events as poss:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back