Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Hi & Hello :yeah:
Were waiting for our 1st mtrorhome collecting it on 1st Feb an Elddis Austostratus EB SE
we are moving up from the VW T4 & camping crew as im fed up of moving stuff around to sleep in my van after a days Kayaking & this also means the missus can come along too :thumbdown:
Top spots are normally in wales plus as we live close to Essex we will weekend trip to the coast regularly.

See you around :beerchug:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:WELCOME TO THE FUN:thumb:
:party2::party2:::bigsmile:riving2:::bigsmile:riving2:

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to fun, you must enjoy driving a lot to do it during your time off.::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

You are invited to my birthday meet at mersea island in May and theres the peterborough motorhome show in april that lots of funsters attend dont forget to claim your discount xxxx

Hope your new van is everything you want it to be and more xxxx

look forward to meeting you

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Welcome to Fun.:welcomefunster:
You will find a wealth of information from a great bunch of like minded MH owners.
I joined the fun a couple of months ago and am very pleased I did.

Have a great time in your new MH :thumb:

John

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi & Hello :yeah:
Were waiting for our 1st mtrorhome collecting it on 1st Feb an Elddis Austostratus EB SE
we are moving up from the VW T4 & camping crew as im fed up of moving stuff around to sleep in my van after a days Kayaking & this also means the missus can come along too :thumbdown:
Top spots are normally in wales plus as we live close to Essex we will weekend trip to the coast regularly.

See you around :beerchug:

Two new canoeing/kayaking Funsters in one day, yourself and Snoozy, brillient, welcome to you. :welcome:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for you warm welcomes
we intend to head home after the handover & load it up before heading off to the nearest local park to spend the night in it, this will prabably be the case for the next few weekends.

We intend to head off to the Motorhome season opening show in Newark I think it is.....

Ive got so many ideas but we need to spend some time in the vehicle before we start spnding :rollonfloor:

Beer festivals, Kayaking trips, meets, shows :active: its only just begun....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thats not fair, Feb 1st is my Birthday but you get the new motorhome!:Doh:
Welcome, not long to wait now.......::bigsmile:riving2:

Allan

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hellooooo

Hi welcome to the fun,i dont want to put a damper on your buy, but i had this model and the back end got very damp and the aircon on the roof if it has not been serviced make sure it works,please check it, and hope you enjoy it.regards H.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi welcome to the fun,i dont want to put a damper on your buy, but i had this model and the back end got very damp and the aircon on the roof if it has not been serviced make sure it works,please check it, and hope you enjoy it.regards H.::bigsmile:

Hi thanks for you concern this has been probably the biggest concern for us to buy private or dealer, whilst private offers the better prices we chose to opt for a dealer purchase due to the fact we will receive a comprehensive 12 month warranty & can trump on knowing if anything fails we wont have an expensive repair bill to fork out for. we could have gone for an 6-8k motor taking a chance that say the boiler wont pack up but by buying from a dealer we have the knowlage that if say teh roof bars leak or something packs up we will get it fixed regardless of where we are in the country.

The seller has quite frankly staked his entire reputation on the fact that if anything goes wrong it will be fixed under the warranty & having bought several motors in the past I am pretty damn sure I am doing the wright thing here. It is our 1st motorhome & we have taken months to search the entire south east to find what may be the right vehicle, my mechanical & bodywork knowledge can only take us so far & the rest is either up to chance, luck or simply choosing the right dealer.

I feel we have chosen the right path & only time will tell, if in the next 12months we have suffered problems you can bet the world will know (tis the way of the internet) if simply loading my boats on the roof is enough to stress the motor then they will have to fix it as this was laid out in my original statement of what we want in a motorhome.

only time will tell...................

Rob...

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hellooooooooo to you too.
:welcome::welcome:

As an aside, how do you transport your kayak?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I feel we have chosen the right path & only time will tell, if in the next 12months we have suffered problems you can bet the world will know (tis the way of the internet) if simply loading my boats on the roof is enough to stress the motor then they will have to fix it as this was laid out in my original statement of what we want in a motorhome.

only time will tell...................

Rob...

We transport ours on the roof, which has been partially chequer plated, more to support Colin's weight than the kayaks. Even so , following the advise from a thread on here earlier this year ( if you are regularly on the roof) we have resealed the air cooling unit and the main hatch, just in case his size 9's have cracked aging seals.

We have a ladder fitted to the resr of the van that has nice rounded edges so we can utilise this to guide the boats up, with a rope tied to the nose, I stand them on their ends, chuck the rope up to C, he hauls them up while I guide them on the ladder rails.

We haven't worked out how to get the Canadian canoe up there yet though :Doh:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am going to need 2 cross bars for the roof rack & then I was thinking of making 2 extendable pole to act as boat guides to aid loading.
The creek boat wont be too much hassle but my sea kayak may pose a more trickier problem.
I do have an alternative loading system which I noticed yesterday when we went back to the dealership, the rear window is a slider so it can be opened fully & I could slide my boats insidide:coolthumb:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I don't think we'll be taking the kayak any time soon. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It takes enough effort getting it on the car roof.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi welcome to Fun, Good meet at Chester at Easter, then you are on the doorstop of North Wales to use the Kayak, also at the side of the River Dee Chester, and I am pretty sure I have seen Kyak's there :welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back