LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi any You tube watches out there keep an eye open for a video of somone climbing up the ladder onto the roof of my van at 2.49am last night/morning while being videoed on the phone :Angry: I will not be posting on YT what I INTEND to do to them:ROFLMAO:
terry

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Terry

Hope they didnt do any damage:cry:

Why dont you put a lockable cover over the bottom half of the ladder to prevent any repeat performances?? :Eeek:

P

passion

Deleted User
climbing on top of van

Hi Terry,
Sorry hope theres no damage, better idea than covering up bottom of ladder.

If it's Metal wire it up to the mains:ROFLMAO: is that legal,?:Nowink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Sorry, not legal.

Mind you that didn't stop me wiring my motorcycle up to a supply that gave any would be thief a right shock.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I like the wired idea better :thumb: but they jumped over my wall then up the ladder.Unfortunatly we are in the middle of updating our security cameras and I only got the bottom 4 ft as we moved the camera to cover front door as well untill today or we would have had them :Doh:If they would have walked down the rd again would have got them :Angry: just our luck.Never know they may be daft enough to post on YT:ROFLMAO:
terry

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Have a link to the video?

You could convert your ladder to one where the bottom half folds up, then lock it in the up position.

When we kept our coach in a locked storage lot, it was reversed in next to the wall. I was always concerned that someone would scale the wall and use the roof and ladder of our coach as a way into the lot (and into our coach). They did have some break-ins at that lot, but we finally moved the coach elsewhere.

The "electric ladder" has some appeal but, if their ticker stopped, you could be in trouble. Better put some kind of current limiting device in series with the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Have a link to the video?

------>
The "electric ladder" has some appeal but, if their ticker stopped, you could be in trouble. Better put some kind of current limiting device in series with the wire.

But if they have a dodgy pump they shouldn't really be climbing ladders :winky:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Dodgy pump :ROFLMAO: not that I am aware of ::bigsmile: I am only 51 :ROFLMAO:
Yesterday we finished putting up new cameras and ordered steel to make a 2 ft topper to go on the wall & extend gates.It is a shame that we have to do this but needs must :winky:I need the peace :thumb: and SWMBO wants the fence on top of the wall :ROFLMAO:
terry

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
Dodgy Pump? Who cares if these "scum" climb up walls that you have topped with Razor Wire and cut themselves to ribbons then so be it.
It is time that "normal people" take precautions to protect their equipment and sod these people and their human rights.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dodgy Pump? Who cares if these "scum" climb up walls that you have topped with Razor Wire and cut themselves to ribbons then so be it.
It is time that "normal people" take precautions to protect their equipment and sod these people and their human rights.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I couldn't agree more - in fact I will take my turn manning the machine gun post too.

Unfortunately those who should know better would have us "normal" folk locked up. I can see the point that you wouldn't want to hurt a member of the emergency services responding to a problem and having to scale your defended property but as long as it is adequately signed I am all for hurting the sods who probably have a kitchen knife with 'em, anyway, to defend their poor selves from justifiably irate property owners.:Angry:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: I can also see the emergency services bit :thumb: but if they walk to the front door they can walk in the other gate as the paper & postmen do :ROFLMAO: It is only the drive gate that is electric /fastned shut that the scumbags jumped over because it is about 3 1/2 ft high, hence 2 ft steel fence on top.I could just as easy higer the wall but do not think this would go down too well with the neigbours:thumb:
terry
anyone found anything on YT yet ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back