Fiat X250 dash cigarette sockets (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can those with a Fiat X250 please have a look at something for me!

We have 2 cigarette lighter type sockets on the front dash, but they are slightly different, the one on the left has a bit of a metal insert, whereas the one on the right doesn't. I'm not sure if we have got a bit missing from the right hand one, or whether it should be like that - can someone please have a look at there's and let me know.

Ta muchly!

::bigsmile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
They are different types of socket.
One is the standard type cigarette lighter and the other is a power point with a much better connector.

A clever person will be on soon and tell you what the different types are called and their specific functions.

Hope that helps.
You don't have a bit missing. :thumb:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Just had a look in the handbook and they are described as a cigar lighter and a 12v power socket.
That's it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I think that the Cigar lighter on the left with the metal heat element is rated at 120 watts - so fused at 10amps.
The Power socket with the plastic cap over it is rated at 180 watts - so fused at 15 amps.

In a lot of vehicles the 180 watt socket is not key dependant (i.e. it is always live), whereas the cigar lighter is key dependant and will only work when the ignition is on.

In my Rapido they were both key dependant :Sad:.
They aren't now as I had the power socket moved to an always live contact. Beats me why any builder would think a power socket that only works while the key is turned is of any use in a motorhome. :Doh:

John

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I think that socket you will find it will your puncture repair pump ,it is on mine as the plug on the pump is slightly larger and higher amperage.

dogman

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
chepstow
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can those with a Fiat X250 please have a look at something for me!

We have 2 cigarette lighter type sockets on the front dash, but they are slightly different, the one on the left has a bit of a metal insert, whereas the one on the right doesn't. I'm not sure if we have got a bit missing from the right hand one, or whether it should be like that - can someone please have a look at there's and let me know.

Ta muchly!

::bigsmile:
Try putting the cigarette lighter in the power socket, think you will find it won't work hence the "extra" little bit.

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
On a slightly differant subject ,, in our motorhome there is a 240v power point , TV ariel and then a 12v cigarette type socket but smaller. What connecter goes into this socket I've not seen this before

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
On a slightly differant subject ,, in our motorhome there is a 240v power point , TV ariel and then a 12v cigarette type socket but smaller. What connecter goes into this socket I've not seen this before
It is a Hella plug
European type you can buy convertors seach Hella plug

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Try putting the cigarette lighter in the power socket, think you will find it won't work hence the "extra" little bit.

Ah, but it DOES work if I do that! It may be though that the 'plug' we are putting in is suitable for use in both.

At least I know I haven't got a bit 'missing' and am normal!!! :RollEyes:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I've just had my dealer, re-wire the cigar lighter so that it's permanently live (doesn't need ignition on) so I can leave a dashtop solar panel on to top up the engine battery. He said the other socket could not be wired this way as power was taken from somewhere which meant alarms such as the step staying out would be sounding constantly. Don't really understand that bit but glad to have one socket I can use.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Think you might find that the one with the metal tube in is designed as a cigar/fag lighter so the the heating element is shielded from combustible plastic etc.

Ps when posting this there is "track back" facility. Can anyone tell me what it's for/does.

Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Think you might find that the one with the metal tube in is designed as a cigar/fag lighter so the the heating element is shielded from combustible plastic etc.

Ps when posting this there is "track back" facility. Can anyone tell me what it's for/does.

Thanks

dunno, but i just enabled it to see what it does.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back