Alde heating fitting the battery backup (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
We have recently bought a new Bessacarr 584 which is fitted with Alde heating, and we have got fed up with setting the clock etc., in the control panel (Alde 3010). So I have ordered the battery backup for it, which I intend to fit at the weekend (providing it arrives !!!)

Looking at the control panel, I cannot see any screws, so I presume the front just flips off, is this correct ? And does anyone have any tips on doing the job.

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
you can find all the instruction manuals here :-

http://www.alde.co.uk/manuals.php :thumb:
Thanks for the links, the relevant manuals were actually supplied with the motorhome, but they do not tell you what I want to know, i.e. that is how to remove the front cover from the control panel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Alde

Hi

I cant help with your query but if you phone Alde in Wellingborough they are ace! I am sure they will help you.

Alde - 01933 677765

I'd be interested how your battery back up goes - it really annoys me and it a let down about the Alde system.

We fitted the load monitor though - that's fab!

Russell

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you have the older display with the 5 buttons on the right
the rear cover just clips off provided you can gain access to it.
and looking at it square on from the rear the battery back up pins are in the top left corner.

don't know how the front comes off as ours is mounted through the side of the wardrobe and I can access it from there.

incidentally ours had a plug on the battery back up pins turned out it was the remote temperature sensor that had been plugged on the wrong place.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
We have recently bought a new Bessacarr 584 which is fitted with Alde heating, and we have got fed up with setting the clock etc., in the control panel (Alde 3010). So I have ordered the battery backup for it, which I intend to fit at the weekend (providing it arrives !!!)

Looking at the control panel, I cannot see any screws, so I presume the front just flips off, is this correct ? And does anyone have any tips on doing the job.

you are correct. for the new digital panel it just pops off , bottom first. screws are behind,very tight fit. and I agree backup is a must, otherwise a real pain. must put order in for mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
you are correct. for the new digital panel it just pops off , bottom first. screws are behind,very tight fit. and I agree backup is a must, otherwise a real pain. must put order in for mine.

Many thanks for the above. that is the info I am looking for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back